Sunday, May 4, 2008

The "Old College Tri"

After having to take time off back in February, for a double umbilical hernia repair, Nate was back in action in his second sprint triathlon last weekend. He did amazingly! I was so proud of him! It's like he didn't miss a beat!

{I made this collage from the professional photos that were taken}
Doesn't he look great?

{And here are the ones I was able to snap.}

After he finished...we're all so proud of him!
{They served up some yummy pancakes to the athletes. I caught a couple pictures of the whole "gang" of friends from church who participated. Nate runs/bikes with several of those guys. It's really great to have buddies to train with!}

Here's what we got to do while Daddy did his triathlon...
I wheeled kids around in the stroller and we made sure we could cheer for him at every "turn." Simon loved clapping too! We forgot our cow bells though, doggone it! Oh well, good thing I have a big mouth!

It was a splendid day. The kids did great, except Julia got a bit cold (see how upset she is in that one picture?). I let her wait in the building and she liked that a whole lot better. We were over there just at the right time to see Daddy cross the finish line. Liliana had a blast dancing to the music (where there is music, there will be a dancing Lili)! She just loves to dance! Simon enjoyed watching everyone and everything! Of course, it's always fun when you have other friends around to hang out with!

Nate beat his goal time by seven minutes! He did it in an hour and thirteen minutes! Way to go Nate!

Since we're on the topic of triathlons...I get to do another tri either at the end of this month or the beginning of next. I guess it just depends on whether I'm going to do another pool swim, or go ahead with the open water. That'd probably be good training for the one we both want to do in October (which is a Gulf swim).

I'm already looking forward to it!

Now, I just need to get my run faster without damaging my knees, feet, or any other muscles, etc. (am I really getting that old?)

7 comments:

Sands...Like Sands on the Beach said...

I was thinking that those first pictures were from your new camera, I was impressed by them there for a second. . .and then I saw the other ones you took of the kids and there is hardly a difference! Can't wait to see the new camera! Love it! Great job to Nate and all of you other INSANE tri-athletes! We'll be cheering from over here in the warmth of our beds sipping hot chocolate and munching donuts!

Morgan and Joel said...

N8 looks great! It is the same balding head I'm used to, but what happened to his gut? Hmmm....maybe I am going to have to start moving my body around a bit more to get rid of my pot belly....

Nathan said...

It was a blast - maybe next time I'll beat more of my friends. Or maybe I'll just focus on maiming physically instead of beating them competitively.

Henry Dawgs said...

Awesome pictures! Go Nate!!!

Melanie said...

This is so cool! I'm glad you are having so much fun and i'm sure your kids think their parents are the coolest on the block!

ali said...

Nate looks great! I have just one question...the pic where you're running from the pool to the bike...were you intentionally holding in your tummy? Or...is that the "compression shorts" hard at work?????
You know that you would have to excel when you have such an ADORABLE fan club! Truely, if you kids were half as cute I'd have made it to Wimbleton!

Kristin said...

I am so impressed with you both for committing to the training/preparation for the triathalons! When I find it difficult to run the 1 mile around my neighborhood with Alice in the BOB stroller I think of ya'll...and then I feel DEEP shame!:) Thanks a lot for making the rest of us feel bad!!!