Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Simon's first haircut

Last Wednesday (on his 14-month birthday), Simon had his very first haircut! My sweet friend Christine came over and gave it to him. Thank you Christine! He looks so adorable!

He did great! We put him in his highchair and fed him yummy snacks to keep him happy. He still has his cute curls in the back, but no more hair in his eyes!


What a cutie!

More "new happenings:"
Simon says, "Thank you" (gank-you) -- he has such good manners! I hand him something he wants and he replies, "Gank-you"
"Here you go" (hih-go) -- when he hands me something
and, "Hey"
He has TWO more teeth (totaling 14 now). I just noticed this two days ago and was surprised! (One was out a little further than the other, so I was surprised I hadn't noticed it until then! They are his canines.)

You already knew he could say "Mama" and "Dada," but now he'll call for us a lot. When he's looking for us, or wants to say hi, etc.

He waves at us all the time (with a big smile on his face).

Just the other day, he was trying to say "Hi Dada" while he waved at him.

He LOVES swimming! He has no fear of the water! We went to a swim party yesterday and he lived in the water with me almost the whole time (breaks to eat and sleep). :) And during that time in the water, he was kicking and splashing and laughing and just having the best time!

He's a quick little guy (quite the runner).

He's also a monkey. He climbs up on everything!

He still likes to snuggle and give loves, hugs and kisses (sugar). And those kisses are still those sweet open-mouthed kinds where he opens up right on your lips. So sweet!

When we sing "ring around the rosy," he goes around & around in circles. He falls because he is dizzy.

He likes to copy his sisters (whether they're screaming, running around or whatever).

He will blow you a kiss.

When he eats something he likes, he says, "Mmmmmm."

He's trying to say more and more words.

He still steals our hearts everyday.



The haircut in action...
(boy, I sure am video-happy lately, aren't I?)

9 comments:

Nathan said...

Yeah! Finally! He looks handsome - and not pretty.

Melanie said...

i can honestly say that is the best most calm first haircut experience i have ever witnessed! way 2 go simon!

Sadie said...

so cute with the curls and all. I wish that my kids had them! just stick straight for us! he is so handsome, I hope to meet him some day! love you Sadie

Britt Wright said...

He is growing up so fast! I'm glad that you can update us on how he has been growing...and I love all the videos!

Morgan and Joel said...

What a studly lil' guy.

Kristin said...

I can just tell that he is your heart! Robert and I can't wait to have a little boy! I love the update on all of the things he is doing and saying now...miss you!

Emily S. said...

how fun! these lists are always a col preview for me of what's to come in my life!

texaswilliams said...

Darling boy!! OK OK Update!

Henry Dawgs said...

Sooo cute!!! What a handsome, sweet fellow! It's so neat keeping up with his latest "happenings"...he's so adorable!!! I just can't believe he's already 14 months! It's gone so fast!