Monday, May 19, 2008

It was a lovely day

I had such a wonderful Mother's Day. Nate and the girls made me a fantastic breakfast (in bed, of course) which included an omelet, turkey bacon, corn bread muffins (with honey & butter) and, my favorite, grape juice. It was delicious. They also came in bearing home-made cards, store-bought cards and a hydrangea plant. It's beautiful! The cards made me cry! I loved it all!
But, that was not all! I even got to lie in bed and read while Nate took care of getting everyone fed, bathed, dressed and ready for church. It was wonderful! Thank you sweetie!
The primary kids sang during church for all the moms. It was adorable. Liliana was up there, singing her little heart out...right in front. She caught sight of me and smiled so big! Julia was behind some of the other kids, but she looked around until we could see each other and she smiled and winked at me! Hearing them sing so sweetly always gets to me (especially since they sang "Love is Spoken Here" - a nightly favorite at our house).
When we returned home after church, Nate prepared dinner for our feasting (he had put a pork loin in the Crock Pot and we had Costa Vida-style pork burritos). It was so yummy! I didn't have to do a thing (except eat and enjoy it). The dinner was complete with strawberry shortcake for dessert! Scrumptious!

Thank you for making me feel so special my dear family! It was, indeed, a lovely Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Nathan said...

You deserve this kind of treatment every day of the week.

Britt Wright said...

You totally deserve to be spoiled! I love the pictures and it will make for great memories! Happy Mother's Day!