I just had to write these down, lest I forget they happened...
This past Sunday was our fast and testimony meeting at church. Now, for those of you who don't know, our church has a fast and testimony meeting every first Sunday of the month. On these Sundays, members of the congregation are invited to come forward and "bear their testimony" of Christ. So, I went forward and bore my testimony. I got a little choked up as I spoke. Liliana came forward and stood next to me. She took my hand and smiled up at me. On the way back to our seat, she said, "Mommy? Did I make you feel better?" I said, "Yes, you did sweetheart." Then I picked her up and carried her back to our seat. It just made me feel so good. Then, of course, she asked me why I was crying. I told her it was because sometimes Mommy cries when she's happy. I told her I was thinking about Jesus and that made me happy. She said, "Oh." It was so sweet.
And one from Simon...
Just last night, as we were gathered around the dinner table to have our supper, we all bowed our heads, closed our eyes, and folded our arms to say prayers. As Nate began to pray (it was his turn, after all), I took a peek at the children to see what each of them was doing and couldn't believe my eyes! Simon had his head down, with his eyes against his hands (which were gripping his tray in front of him). He stayed that way for the whole prayer!)! Can you believe that? As we all said "Amen," he raised his head and smiled. It was just too darling!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Lily sure is a sweet heart. What a tender moment.
what sweet kids. . .looks like your doing something right!
I call that PAYBACK for all the sleepless nights. What cute kids.
I wish I could fly over and kiss your angels myself. (Hmmmm, maybe I will see that movie....)
words are so pure coming out of our children's mouths. very touching!
Post a Comment