Monday, May 19, 2008

Last week...

We sure had some fun moments last week. My computer was having issues, so I have some catching up to do...

The kids enjoyed fun times in the back yard...
like climbing trees
or hanging from limbs
and
riding/sitting in the play car


Last week was "Student Appreciation Week" at Julia's school. They had some cute themes for each day and got to dress up accordingly (sports day, crazy hat day, silly socks day, etc.). I think our favorite was "Fashion Disaster Day." Here's the ensemble she put together...


My friend Beth had a birthday last week. A big group of us got together for a "girls' night out." We had so much fun celebrating! We had fajitas, talked for hours and played "Sing Star." We all totally loved it. I could seriously just play it at home, all alone. So you know it was fun with a group of friends. I'm already trying to figure out the next big night that would be a good excuse to play it again (maybe the American Idol finale?). So fun!


This past Friday was "Field Day" at Julia's school. A friend of mine, who has a morning Kindergartner, and I "traded off" child care so we could both go. It was so much fun! (Thanks Lori!) They had hay races, sack races, tug of war, a bubble & swatting station, a "fish fry" race, a wet sponge toss, and a three-legged race (just to name a few). The day rounded off with otter pops for everyone! Yum! I was so glad I could go with her. Julia's favorite part of the day?

"I think it was that snake thing where you ran around."

Oh, I don't think I even mentioned that. Yes, there was a "snake roundup race" too. Yes, we live in Texas, why do you ask?



It was a busy week, but it was fun!

9 comments:

Morgan and Joel said...

What a busy, fun week. I absolutely love the fashion disaster pics. After everything you said I kept on waiting for you to say, "and we almost died" about the little mailbox incident.....I'm glad you and the kids are okay.

Melanie said...

The fashion disaster pics are hilarious!! the one where she's making a funny face reminds me of you making a funny face! you've had quite the busy week my friend, when does vacation start again??

Melanie said...

p.s. great pictures of singstar! i know i'm crusin for a brusin with video footage next time we play! (help!!)

Nathan said...

Is that MASON? Hmm... Maybe Julia needs to stop going to school and get a MASON break. Okay??

Lauren said...

Yeah babe, I'm afraid to say...it is, indeed, Mason. (FYI - Julia brought home artwork for weeks that said, "I love Mason." or "Julia loves Mason" or "Mason loves Julia" on them. It worries a dad for sure. Mommy just says, "I'm so glad you love your friends Julia." ;)

Anonymous said...

Cute pics of the kids! And of course what a fun night doing sing star. loved it and can't wait to join you ladies again!! I am hooked too.

Xela said...

Wow, talk about a power post! Don't you love playing catch up! Looks like a great time. And I am dying to play that game again. We are all hooked!

Britt Wright said...

What a fun week! I bet you were the best singer there at the b-day party...but I am a little bias. =)

Britt Wright said...

oh yeah, I love Julia's outfit she put together. Have you ever tried the cup in the hair do before? It makes for some fun crazy hair do's. Very creative Jules!