Julia had a Kindergarten Rodeo last week at school. She got to wear cowgirl clothes and bring her stick horse to school and everything. Not to be left behind, Liliana wore cowgirl clothes too. Julia even thought braiding her hair would be a good idea. She thought it was fitting to a cowgirl. Note: she does NOT like braids! She told me she liked braids, she just doesn't like them in her own hair.
I thought it'd be fun if Simon and I looked the part too, at least a little (he wore a plaid shirt and jeans and I braided my hair in two and wore boots - not just boots though).
Julia and Liliana at home before we went to Julia's school.
I thought it'd be fun if Simon and I looked the part too, at least a little (he wore a plaid shirt and jeans and I braided my hair in two and wore boots - not just boots though).
Julia and Liliana at home before we went to Julia's school.

There were lots of fun games set up in the gym at school.
A hat toss, a relay flag race on stick horses, a "chuck wagon" race, bean bag toss, "rope the calf," and limbo, of course. The kids all had such a great time. Lili got in on the fun as much as she could too! :) Some of the other Moms and I were talking and we thought the teachers were pretty amazing, especially since they had to do it all twice that day! (Julia is in half-day afternoon Kindergarten). After the games, "Cowboy Bill" came and played his guitar and sang with the kids. Then, the kids all headed back to their own classrooms for a chili "dinner." And yes, Julia only ate the Fritos and cheese.


3 comments:
What fun! Lo, I was getting worried about your blog since you hadn't posted anything for a week. Needless to say, I love your blog posts and seeing all the fun things you guys are doing. Love ya Lo.
So cute!!! I love all the pink, especially Nate and that dashing cowGIRL hat. Hah, too fun
We love the rodeo, too!
Post a Comment