Friday, March 21, 2008

Simon's first birthday!

I can't believe it, but our sweet Simon is one today!

Just look at how much he's grown...


And these are from this past week...


Milestones:
He walks now (has all but given up crawling completely). He signs some words and continues to learn more ("dog" being one of his newest - he sticks out his tongue and makes a panting noise). He talks a little bit ("Mama," "Mah" -more, "baba"-bye-bye, "hi," and some other noises. He once said "Dad" clear as a bell. He's been starting to say "nah" sometimes when he wants to nurse (while signing "milk"). He has twelve teeth (his two top molars having just come in this past week and a half). He's big for his age (I'll post the stats after his one-year check-up). His hair curls up on the ends and is so cute I don't know when I'll ever be able to take him for his first haircut. He loves baths, showers (anything in the water). He loves his sisters immensely. Every time I spray his hair to comb it, he laughs...EVERY time! He's getting a little more opinionated lately. He'll let us know he doesn't like something by "complaining" and arching his back. He's still absolutely afraid of the vacuum. He likes to dance to music.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something (I'll keep thinking).

He blesses our lives everyday. We just love him so dearly!

Happy first birthday Simon!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Emily S. said...

I love the photo-journey! What a little man he has become!

I can't believe how fast it all goes... Happy B-day, buddy!

Emi Edgley said...

The BIG one! Yeah, Simon!!! Happy day to all y'all.

Britt Wright said...

Happy Birthday Simon! Can you believe your baby is one! I can totally see you in some shots and Nate in others. What a handsome boy. Congrats Nate and Lo!

Nathan said...

Nice collages. No, that's not a euphamism.

Melanie said...

Lauren, he is just so adoreable! i can't believe he is 1! how did that happen? Too sweet.