Sunday, March 30, 2008

Easter

We had a very nice Easter last week. The girls were so excited when they woke up that morning! The Easter bunny had left eggs all over the place! But, first they had to find their baskets, so they'd have something to put the eggs in. That clever Easter bunny likes to hide them in sneaky places! Liliana's was in the oven this year! Good thing she found it before we had to cook anything!

Nate made yummy French toast and we just enjoyed our morning together before church (we have late afternoon church, starting at 2:30)
They loved decorating the ceramic animals the Easter bunny gave them. They came with a kit to grow their very own grass.


I had to be at church early for choir (we had such a beautiful program of music that day), so we rushed to get out the door together. I had wanted to get pictures of the kids, but didn't want to be late for choir so I grabbed the camera to bring with us. Nate snapped a picture of the kids. You know me, there would have been at least ten of the same pose. Anyway, here it is! :)
Liliana got to say the prayer in primary. We all thought it was so special that she got to say it on Easter Sunday. She started it off all by herself and even said she was thankful for Jesus. She did such a great job and we were so proud of her!

I love Easter time. The renewal and rebirth we see at Spring is so significant and reminiscent of the true meaning of Easter.

We got to spend Easter dinner with friends of ours. We had a yummy ham, mashed potatoes, homemade rolls, asparagus, salad, fruit, and even a yummy bunny cake that was so cute for dessert (with ice cream, of course)! It's so great to have friends to spend holidays with! Thank you! I hope you all had a wonderful Easter too!

3 comments:

Emily S. said...

They look so great! I love the Easter clothes!
I'm glad you had such a nice, fun, not-rushed Easter morning!

Nathan said...

Wow - I sure look happy about that french toast. I guess that's better than the angry griller from Kara's visit.

- you'll have to post an updated pic of the girls' plants. -

Britt Wright said...

Beautiful children! And it looks like the Easter bunny did a great job this year. The ceramic animals looked like a hit!