This past week, we had the good fortune to go see Disney's "High School Musical on Ice." Now, you have to understand, Julia has seen the movie once, but is not all that crazy about it. But, when I asked her if she wanted to go with a bunch of her friends, she thought that sounded great! Liliana was thrilled to have a "girl party" too, as she would say.
Seven moms and 11 daughters, all loaded in to three minivans and headed to the show together. We all had such a great time! When the show started up, the girls had such different reactions. Some of our friends squealed with excitement, Julia cringed from all the noise around her, Liliana's eyes got real big and she was mesmerized! I loved seeing/hearing all the little girls around us sing along with all the songs.
During intermission, one of my friends asked Julia if she was having a good time. Julia said, "Not really." Of course, my friend was so sweet about it. She said, "You know what I like to watch? All the lights changing colors and the Zamboni." (which was out at that time) Truly, I think she was enjoying the ice skating and the music, but not all the noise (and not the signs). Let me explain...I guess they were selling these little poster-type signs there that read, stuff like, "Fab-u-lous" and "Go Troy" and "Go Wildcats," just to name a few. Well, all the little girls would hold them up from time to time, making it difficult to see past them. None of us liked that! Liliana was having fun squealing like the big girls and sharing candy with all her friends (one-by-one and one at a time). It was very sweet.
I even bought the girls a snow cone in a souvenir cup for a whopping $10 each! Can you believe that? Oh well, the girls were absolutely thrilled! It was worth it.
It was a great time. I'm so glad we got to go. It was fun to see Liliana dancing in front of her seat, and to have Julia sit in my lap so she could see for a good portion of the show. I just love those sweet moments!
Seven moms and 11 daughters, all loaded in to three minivans and headed to the show together. We all had such a great time! When the show started up, the girls had such different reactions. Some of our friends squealed with excitement, Julia cringed from all the noise around her, Liliana's eyes got real big and she was mesmerized! I loved seeing/hearing all the little girls around us sing along with all the songs.
During intermission, one of my friends asked Julia if she was having a good time. Julia said, "Not really." Of course, my friend was so sweet about it. She said, "You know what I like to watch? All the lights changing colors and the Zamboni." (which was out at that time) Truly, I think she was enjoying the ice skating and the music, but not all the noise (and not the signs). Let me explain...I guess they were selling these little poster-type signs there that read, stuff like, "Fab-u-lous" and "Go Troy" and "Go Wildcats," just to name a few. Well, all the little girls would hold them up from time to time, making it difficult to see past them. None of us liked that! Liliana was having fun squealing like the big girls and sharing candy with all her friends (one-by-one and one at a time). It was very sweet.
I even bought the girls a snow cone in a souvenir cup for a whopping $10 each! Can you believe that? Oh well, the girls were absolutely thrilled! It was worth it.
It was a great time. I'm so glad we got to go. It was fun to see Liliana dancing in front of her seat, and to have Julia sit in my lap so she could see for a good portion of the show. I just love those sweet moments!
4 comments:
I sure am a lucky man to have such a cute bunch of girls. I'm glad you got to go and not me.
What fun! Jac thinks I'm funny, but I like High School Musical. Anything "on ice" is totally worth it. I'm glad you had fun...and you and your two cute girls are beautiful!
How cute! It sounds like it was a fun girls night out! You got some great pics too!
How much fun! My girls would have loved to be there. What a fun mom you are. I am sure the girls will always remember that night! Fab-u-lous!
Post a Comment