Simon was born on his Papa's birthday! We all thought that was pretty neat. So, I want to also wish my Dad a happy birthday! I love you Dad! I hope you had a great birthday!
December favorites from Simon - "Ninjabread houses" and "Pasta the Snowman" :)
12/2010 - "Mommy, when I get bigger, can I go to the temple with you?" "And can I get married with you?" - Simon
11/05/10 - "Mommy? When I get bigger, can I be a scout boy?" -Simon
9/30/10 - "Mom, I'm hungry. Let's see what's in the palm-tree," said Simon, pointing to the pantry. ;)
8/28/10 - Julia - "I want to go on my mission to Idaho." Liliana - "I want to go on my mission to Russia!" Simon - "I want to go on my mission to Target!"
5/?/10 - "I love mirrors." - Liliana "Oh yeah? Why's that?" -Nate "Because you can really see all your boogers," replied Lili as she pushed her nose up to do just that.
5/7/10 - Liliana was telling me about what Jesus said to Satan when he was tempting Him..."Get the hint, Satan!"
2/26/10 - "That's my 'brudder' Roman. He came out of your tummy." - Simon
2/26/10 - "You're the best Mommy ever!" - Simon "Thank you, buddy!" - me "And he's the best Roman ever." - Simon
2/6/10 - "I can't wait 'til I'm a grown-up. Then, I'll have adorable babies like Roman." - Liliana
11/2/09 - Julia was singing a song (again, as she had been singing it off and on all night). Liliana said, "Is that song stuck in your head? Here, I'll knock it out." {smack} - she hit Julia upside the head. But, not too hard, thankfully. They both laughed.
10/16/09 - Just a cute exchange from earlier today..."You look cute, Mom." - Simon "Aww, thank you, Simon." - Me "You're welcome." - Simon
10/10/09 - "Yesterday's yesterday was my birthday." - Liliana
9/30/09 - "I don't love rocks more than I love people." - Liliana
9/3/09 - Nate and I were testing out our new blender, and I asked him if he thought it sounded louder than our old one. Julia said, "It sounds like the engine of a sweet car." Nate was thrilled.
8/24/09 - Nate was joking around, doing his best "Southern" accent and I teased him about one of his phrases, saying, "Ack! Don't say that, it's improper English!" Julia quickly responded, "It's not English...it's Texan."
6/2/09 - "Friends are always together, even when they're far apart." - Liliana
5/19/09 - "Book-reading takes you away to places." - Julia
5/17/09 - Simon lined up several of his cars, right next to each other. He looked up proudly, with a smile, and said, "Cars nuggle."
5/11/09 - "I love it when it's sweltering hot." - Julia
5/10/09 - "Mommy, I love you so much, it takes my breath away." -Liliana
4/.28/09 - "I like the fog. It reminds me of the forests of Ethiopia." - Julia
4/27/09 - Julia said, "Today I saw a beetle with perseverance."
April (sometime) - I said, "Lili, you probably shouldn't drink after Simon. He has a cold." Lili said, "Maybe he should drink after me. Then, he'll get better."
3/5/2009 - Liliana said, "Mom, will you tell me the story of the three little pigs? The one out of your brain."
1/5/2009 - I asked Lili to try some carrot. She replied, "Please can I not? 'Cause it's horse food." That same day, I told her she has two parents who love her so much. In response she said, "You have three daughters that love you the most." - close enough, right? :)
1/2009 - Julia said, "I draw the best mummies of anyone at my school. I have a special way of doing the lines on the face." Ah, - "sugar and spice and everything nice." Can't we all remember our old school days as little girls. When we would gather for art and draw our prettiest mummies?
1/18/09 - Liliana wasn't feeling well this evening and Julia was being so kind to her. In the car, Julia said (in a choked up way), "I'm crying tears of joy right now for a few reasons. It makes me feel good when I help my sister. I'm worried about her. And lots of other reasons." (we took Lili to urgent care and it turns out she has an ear infection, a little bit of tonsillitis and she had a fever of 101! Poor thing! At least she was being taken good care of by her big sister! So sweet!
12/22 - We were driving around looking at Christmas lights. While we were driving by a particularly decked out house, Julia said, "It's a Christmas extravaganza!"
12/08 - While listening to "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer," Liliana said, "It's actually a sad song. The Grandma died. We want to keep our Grandmas forever. We love them."
Just one Nate remembered from earlier in the year - Lili got in the bath but wanted back out. Nate said, "Is it too hot?" She replied, "No, it's four hot. I only want it to be one hot."
12/08 - We were playing "restaurant" and Julia was the waitress. Lili wanted her attention and said (in a very proper, manner-filled voice), "Excuse me, mattress, I need some more water, please."
11/8/08 - Upon seeing Simon (fresh out of the shower, naked, running around), Julia said, "He's sticking out his utensil!"
10/17/08 - Liliana said, "Sometimes my pants stick out like that, even though I don't have a peanut."
10/15/08 - Julia was telling us about which table she sits at in her classroom, "Since I'm not particular, it didn't matter too much where I was sitting."
10/13/08 - While I was getting lunch ready today, Liliana got the peanut butter out for me, and also the Nutella. I said, "No Nutella." She replied, "No, I want old 'tella." Classic Liliana.
No comments:
Post a Comment