Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Spring Break

Julia had her Spring break last week. We were lucky enough to have my sister Kara here that very same week! She actually arrived a couple hours after my triathlon. So, I went home, showered and then got to take the kids and go get my sis from the airport! I didn't get to take a nap that day, but I was okay with that because I got to see my sister! :) On our way home from the airport, we met Nate at Pei Wei and had dinner. Yum! I just love that place! I think it's funny because Julia will read it and say something like, "Oh, are we eating at Pee Wee?" Anyway, once we got home, Aunt KK had surprises for everyone.

Littlest Pet shop for the girls, Little People for Simon and a necklace & earrings set for me from Mom. Thanks so much! It was all a hit!

That night our neighbors had all of us over for dinner. It was great!

Kara helped me with my Sunbeams at church on Sunday and we had another great evening, eating dinner & visiting with some of our friends.

The next day was St. Patrick's Day! (You can tell from all the green we were wearing.) :) We saw "Horton Hears a Who" at the movie theater with some friends. It was cute! Of course, the kids' favorite part was probably playing on the railing together out in front of the theater afterward.

After the movie, Kara and I decided to take the kids to the park with a pond to feed the ducks. There were only three ducks total and they weren't super hungry, but we all had fun anyway. The kids enjoyed the playground quite a bit. Simon even gave Aunt KK kisses through the peek-hole in the climbing tube. :)


The next day it just rained and rained all day! We decided to have an "in day." Kara did manage to get out to buy the stuff she needed to make her salsa and guacamole to go with our dinner that night. (Man, that is a long sentence!)
Even though it was raining, it had let up enough that Nate was able to grill on the Big Green Egg, and we got to have steak fajitas for dinner. It was delicious! Simon even liked the guacamole!

The next day was gorgeous! So, I thought, "Hey let's go to the zoo!" It was a good idea, in theory. I knew it'd be a bit crowded because it was Spring Break for everyone, but the fact that it was "half-price Wednesday" had slipped my mind. It was CRAZY busy! Even getting off the freeway was backed up! I jokingly said, "Everyone must be going to the zoo." It turned out that I was right! Once we finally found a parking spot & went in...THAT'S when I realized it was half-price admission! Oh no! No wonder! Oh well, it was totally crowded, but we had fun anyway.

The next day, we ran some errands together (Target - I just love going there!) and then took the kids to the "free zoo" (a.k.a. the pet store). There was an adorable English bull dog there and all the kids enjoyed watching him play! Simon liked checking everything out.



Every time my sister comes to visit, we have a tradition. We go out for sushi together. Yum! (Thanks to Nate, who stayed behind and got the kids to bed). We came home for a brief spell after dinner, I got Simon to sleep, then we went back out and caught a movie. We saw "Definitely, Maybe." It was alright...not a favorite for either of us, but not one of those regrettable types either.

The next day was Simon's birthday (more to come on that). She made us her "famous" lumpia (a Filipino style egg roll) and everything! Yummy! Then, Saturday she had to go home.

I'm so glad we got to have my sister come visit! We stayed up late, talking every night. We talk on the phone and e-mail each other a lot, sure, but it was nice to talk and catch up in person, you know? I love my sister!

Thanks for coming to see us Kara!

3 comments:

Britt Wright said...

Isn't it great to have sisters! And by the looks of it, they are a lot of fun!

Xela said...

okay I couldn't figure out what post to comment on so since this is that last one (fromt he new bunch) I will leave it here. LOVE spring break! How many days left of school? I want to try that Sushi place! Simons birthday was so cute thanks for including us! Love the pictures of Easter. It is such a fun day and also sweet I loved our choir program. And oh yes HSM on ice was great! Elena had the best time and she wants to wear her shirt all the time! Wew that was a lot to comment on, glad you are all updated! :)

Kara said...

Hey, I had a ton of fun and I was glad that it worked out I could be there during spring break, even if the zoo was crazy. :) Thanks for always making me feel welcome and I can't wait to see everyone again at the reunion. Love ya all the numbers, KK