Last Monday, we were so excited to get snow one night! I, of course, ran and took a few pictures from the front door. It was even sticking on our cars! It was nice to see the beautiful flakes cascade down from the night sky.
Two days later, the temperature rose to the 70s!
It was warm enough to enjoy a picnic outside.
Even our dog Howie lay in the grass, soaking up the rays of sun,
and he only likes doing that when it's warm.

The very next day, it was cold and rainy again in the morning.
I took Julia to school, and afterward the rain turned to snow. We were all very excited! It continued snowing for hours. When I went to get Julia from school, it was still snowing. I snapped a few pictures in front of a friend's house, out in front of Julia's school, and on our way home.
I took Julia to school, and afterward the rain turned to snow. We were all very excited! It continued snowing for hours. When I went to get Julia from school, it was still snowing. I snapped a few pictures in front of a friend's house, out in front of Julia's school, and on our way home.

Once we got home, Julia was very excited to get outside and play in the snow. Liliana had fallen asleep and Simon just had to watch from the window. He wasn't too happy about that. He wanted to go out there so badly!
Julia caught snowflakes on her tongue, built a snowman,
made and threw snowballs & even ate some of the snow! She had the best time!

Nate got home a bit early (because of the weather). We woke Liliana up so she wouldn't miss out and the three of them went out to have some fun. Lili loved the snow too! She even built her own little snowman (which I didn't get a picture of, doggone it!). Simon still didn't get to go out, but Julia did bring in some snow for him to taste. He rather liked that!

The snow had all melted by the next day. It gradually warmed up little by little each day after that. We had some rain yesterday and last night, but today was so nice! It was back in the mid 60s! The kids had a blast jumping on the trampoline and reading outside in the sun. Simon also got to try the trampoline for the first time. He loved it! He was all giggles. Even getting little bounces and falling over made him laugh. It was so cute!
{a side note about the reading: Julia has been enjoying the "Magic Tree House" books by Mary Pope Osborne. Have you heard of those? They are awesome! She reads at least one, if not two, every day after school. She gets to go to the library at school and pick them out almost every day. She reads it in one sitting. She just loves them! So, if your kids are looking for a good read, try the Magic Tree House books!}
4 comments:
I love how Simon's hair is sticking straight up. Oh, I love trampolines....
We have had one of those fun springs as well. Don't you just love a good tease of spring! It is 60 here today, but supposed to snow this weekend! We miss you guys. Your little ones are so cute and fun and growing so fast. I can't belive that Julia is already loosing teeth. It seems like just yesterday that you were pregnant with her and good ole Starwood! Love you. Sadie
We are LOVING the warm weather, too! So fun to see Simey on the trampoline!!
Crazy weather!!! It's kind of nice to see snow when it's cold though.
We have been reading the Magic Tree House books to Gage. He likes them a lot. He is just learning to read. We have also been reading him Beverly Cleary books. Let me know of any other good chapter books that you know of.
Post a Comment