Monday, March 3, 2008

Grandma Wright's visit

We were so happy and fortunate to have Nate's Mom come visit us last weekend. It was so great to see her! She was with us for five days and the time just flew by way too fast! She is so much fun to be around. I couldn't ask for a better mom-in-law! She's also a big help whenever she comes! Thank you Mom! She threw me a life-line and pulled me from the drowning ocean of laundry while she was here. It's all caught up! And I'm keeping it that way! Oh man, that's so great to say! She even took on another MAJOR project known as...the craft closet. It's so great to see it looking the way I've always wanted it to.

Also, we had a lot of fun just all being together. See for yourself...

Grandmas always come bearing gifts...THANKS GRANDMA! The kids had so much fun opening early Easter goodies!
Julia was so excited to introduce "Lily Pad" to Grandma. Grandma even got to hold her! It appears as though the collage cut Lily Pad out of the picture, so you'll have to take my word for it...she is indeed holding the frog in that picture. Lily Pad even leaped from my leg to Grandma's.

Julia simply loves playing the piano. She likes to learn new songs (from others and by herself). Grandma taught her a new one. They all had a grand time playing together. I love memories like these.


Julia had her first soccer game of the season and Grandma got to be there! Not that they keep score or anything, but her team won. Julia played great! She scored a goal, had a few assists and some blocks as well. She loves it!


After the soccer game, we made a few important stops...the German deli store (yummy candy & such) and The Cheesecake Factory. Afterward, we got to walk around the shopping center a bit.
{I love Simon's wild hair from wearing his hood. :) Isn't he a cutie?}


And...drum roll please...
I'm actually showing you the inside of my craft closet (and I'm PROUD to).

Doesn't it look fantastic? Thanks Mom! And thank you to my handy hubby for putting everything together & installing the shelf up top.


There you have it...our whirlwind visit with Mom. We were so glad she got to come! We miss her already! The day she left, the girls and I were talking about how we were sad she had left. Julia said, "I miss her so much." And Liliana said, "Yeah, I love her." It was so incredibly sweet. Thanks for coming Grandma, and for everything! We love you!

{I just need to use the time until we see each other again to study up on two-letter words and obscure "X" and "Q" words so I can someday hope to be as good as you in Scrabble}. For anyone else reading this, (especially if you're a Scrabble aficionado) let's just say she had a 95-point play in one turn! Amazing!

7 comments:

Nathan said...

Mom did a good job looking natural while holding the frog. That was a lot of fun seeing you, mom!

Emi Edgley said...

That is a great closet organizer. Love, Ella

P.S. from Emi: Ella didn't read the post, but was quite impressed by the picture, as am I! Does momma Wright hire out? Also, where are all your warm winter coats?!?!

Xela said...

Glad we got to see her for a few minutes anyway! Looks like you all had a great time and were very busy! Don't you just love company! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow fun, what a busy time. Love the organizer. Send them over my way ok! Too cute

Morgan and Joel said...

I sure do love it when Mom comes to visit. She really does get her hands dirty and helps out. She likes to COOK when she comes to my house because she likes that people actually eat her food and like it. Let me change that, I think she prefers to move large objects like broken dishwashers that people leave in front of your front door that you have to walk around and the box from the new dishwasher to get into the front door. Yeah, I'd say she liked that. Glad you guys had a nice visit!

Lori Ellsworth said...

What a fun grandma!! So, is that who Lili gets her curls from?

Britt Wright said...

I love hearing about mom's trip. I think they should start a blog. Mom always helps when she is here also...like organizing a whole garage! It is a wonderful talent.