...due to the graphic nature of this post, you may not want to proceed...
Soccer can get rough sometimes.
During last week's game, I blocked a hard kick from maybe two yards away
(with my thigh).
{notice the shape of the red line...it looks quite like the grooves on a soccer ball,
as well as the crescent-shaped bruise below it.}

Okay, I know many people out there have foot phobias. So, I cropped the foot part out of this one.
During the first few minutes of the game, I rolled my ankle and then put my weight down on it in that position. It hurt, but after icing it & "walking it out," I was fine to play the rest of the game.
But, when I went swimming the next night, it was really sore. I couldn't kick without it hurting, so I pulled the whole time.
Take a gander at what it looked like...
Let's just say, I'm glad I was okay. My friend who's a foot surgeon said I probably sprained a ligament, but I'm okay to play, as long as it doesn't hurt. He suggested wearing an ankle compression support.
It's a bit stiff, but I think I'll be fine for tonight's game.
Go Red Hots!
Soccer can get rough sometimes.
During last week's game, I blocked a hard kick from maybe two yards away
(with my thigh).
{notice the shape of the red line...it looks quite like the grooves on a soccer ball,
as well as the crescent-shaped bruise below it.}
Okay, I know many people out there have foot phobias. So, I cropped the foot part out of this one.
During the first few minutes of the game, I rolled my ankle and then put my weight down on it in that position. It hurt, but after icing it & "walking it out," I was fine to play the rest of the game.
But, when I went swimming the next night, it was really sore. I couldn't kick without it hurting, so I pulled the whole time.
Take a gander at what it looked like...
Let's just say, I'm glad I was okay. My friend who's a foot surgeon said I probably sprained a ligament, but I'm okay to play, as long as it doesn't hurt. He suggested wearing an ankle compression support.
It's a bit stiff, but I think I'll be fine for tonight's game.
Go Red Hots!
5 comments:
wow! I know how you feel! I had one of those a couple of months ago. Soccer is worth it, keep it up!
holy cow, your ankle is massive! are you really sure you can play on it like that?? what a violent sport! not to sound like your mother, but be so careful!!
Too bad all the girls you play soccer with are so mean to you... Do you think maybe they could kick you and make other places swell next time?
See now you know why I don't play! lol!
Your husband is so compassionate! So, what did the other gal look like?????
Post a Comment