Julia just began the Fall season a week ago. She had her first game on the bigger field, with
5 vs. 5 now! She did great! They still don't really keep track of the score or anything (but, if someone were keeping track, they won like 10 - 1...but, no one was keeping track). Julia did great cheering for her team when she was on the sidelines, and being wherever she was supposed to be when she was on the field! She showed some good aggression, and defense. She took her turn in the goal and in the swing position. She just loves it!
Her second game got rained out (due to Hurricane Ike). But, there will be plenty more to come!
Go Purple Power!
5 vs. 5 now! She did great! They still don't really keep track of the score or anything (but, if someone were keeping track, they won like 10 - 1...but, no one was keeping track). Julia did great cheering for her team when she was on the sidelines, and being wherever she was supposed to be when she was on the field! She showed some good aggression, and defense. She took her turn in the goal and in the swing position. She just loves it!
Her second game got rained out (due to Hurricane Ike). But, there will be plenty more to come!
Go Purple Power!
On a similar note...I'm playing soccer again too. The Red Hots are back for another season! We're even playing on the bigger field, with more players (7 vs. 7). So...more running! But that's a good thing! We're burning calories!
We've lost a few members of our team for this season...due to pregnancy, moving, or injuries, but we've also gained some new players. We've had two games thus far. We lost both of them, but the important thing is...we're having fun! I even scored a goal in one game and made an assist in the other. So, that is always a booster! It's so much fun! We're sad we lost our awesome goalie! In the very first game, her finger got broken (complete with torn ligaments and everything)! We sure miss her! I'll keep you updated on how our season goes.
We've lost a few members of our team for this season...due to pregnancy, moving, or injuries, but we've also gained some new players. We've had two games thus far. We lost both of them, but the important thing is...we're having fun! I even scored a goal in one game and made an assist in the other. So, that is always a booster! It's so much fun! We're sad we lost our awesome goalie! In the very first game, her finger got broken (complete with torn ligaments and everything)! We sure miss her! I'll keep you updated on how our season goes.

8 comments:
Maybe Julia can moonlight on the RedHots... sounds like you ladies are dropping like flies!
I know I said it before, but I'm totally jealous of you playing soccer, Lo. Way fun.
how cute! it's so fun to see your kids enjoy activities and learn new things. wish i could witness one of these red hot games. i would definitely be on the sidelines cheering you on!
Good luck to the both of you! Soccer is a great way to exercise! And Lo, great picture taking of Julia in action.
Go Julia! and Go Lo!! Do you want us to come and do a friend arch for you to run under after your games?? i would totally be there for you!
Yes Mel, that'd be fantastic! Could you bring orange slices and juice boxes too? ;)
I miss playing soccer! Enjoy it! I was on a team for a while until I hurt my ankle. It only gets better!
I can't believe the fun stuff that you and your family are involved in! Way to go!
The only way I would run around on a grass field would be if someone had a chocolate bar on a string. Oh yeah, I could come up with some great moves when motivated!
Post a Comment