Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Random, but blog-worthy

While we were in Utah, Nate's Aunt Stephanie made a passing comment about how she thought Simon looked like Daniel Craig (James Bond in Casino Royale), only she said Simon was more handsome. :) Well, I hadn't seen the movie yet, but had wanted to for some time. I finally watched it and I could totally see it! There were certain scenes where I'd look over at Nate and say, "Oh my goodness! I really can see a resemblance!"
Anyway, what do you think?
There's something about his mouth, and bright blue eyes...







We were at Costco last week and Julia saw...
She said, "Mom, will you buy this? I'd like to try it."
Okay, I tried not to go into shock or anything because she does NOT like mac & cheese, and she doesn't branch out from the few foods she knows she likes. But, I said, "Sure," and then put it in the cart. She asked me to fix it for her when we got home, which I did. To my utter amazement, (as she took the first bite) she said, "I kind of like it. [took another bite] Yeah, I like it. Will you put some shredded cheese on it?" I did and she ate the whole bowl. I can't believe it! We can add another "something Julia likes" to her very short list. Yeah, I realize it's another pasta, but it's different from plain noodles! Way to branch out Julia!



Apparently, Liliana can do her own make-up! She's discovered that it's best to do it when Mom doesn't know. And, of course, once that is a for sure thing, go for the mascara.



More happenings:

Simon has been saying a few more words lately. The other day, clear as a bell, he said "Yogurt" (as he pulled yogurt out of the fridge and handed one to me, then said it again and handed one to Nate and then said it again and kept one for himself). It was so cute!

Then, on Friday, we were watching the recycling truck pick up our recycling. I pointed out the window and said, "Look, Simon, a truck!" He pointed out the window and said truck, only he said it his way, which was more like, "Yuck." It was darling!

He loves to turn the light switch on and off. I humor him and let him do it whenever we go in and out of rooms. He has started pointing up at the switch and saying, "Ligh."

He also says, "yeah" in answer to a question we might ask. Simon, do you need your diaper changed, "yeah." Simon are you ready to go night-night? "Yeah." I love it!

My favorite of his newest words is his names for his sisters. He says, "Loyla" for Liliana and "Yaya" usually for Julia. He also sometimes says, "Tituh" (sister) for them both. I just love to hear him say all of those!

Others to add to his repertoire? "No" and "mine." Don't we all love those milestone words?!

4 comments:

Sands...Like Sands on the Beach said...

Simon will now be known as Simon 'Bond' Wright...the resemblance is uncanny!!

Yay Mac n Cheese!! That is a HUGE deal in your house...now she'll have something to eat when she comes over to our house!

Go-uh-geous, Liliana, simply Go-uh-geous!!

Melanie said...

get him practicing "Wright. Simon Wright." there is a resemblece for sure! I love his names for his sisters. my younger siblings always called me "nanny". i guess Melanie is a bit of a mouthful for a toddler:)

Emily S. said...

the mascara shot is priceless! And what cute words for Simon!

...and I'll NEVER turn down an opportunity to look at DAniel Craig's photo... yum.

ali said...

1. Daniel Craig can't hold a light to Simon
2. Nate didn't say "yuck" for truck...he had another pet name that shamed the family
3. I wish I looked that good in mascara!