Wednesday, September 17, 2008

"Mommy School"

What does the little sister get to do while big sis is in school?

"Mommy School," of course!

Liliana has been looking forward to getting to do her very own school with me. Whenever anyone has asked Julia what grade she's in, who her teacher is, etc., Lili will pipe up and say, "I'm going to Mommy School."

We've been having fun thinking up fun things to do and have enjoyed learning activities as well.

She likes to "pack her backpack" with books we can read together, we have a "school lunch" and always enjoy fun crafts (like coloring, cutting, pasting, painting, creating, cooking, etc.).



Making cards & cutting out shapes
(and Simon-in-a-box eating snacks)

Making an elephant "mask."

Liliana enjoys playing computer games online.
(Educational, of course)!

A favorite activity we've had so far? Making playdough! We've even done this twice. The first time Lili chose to make it blue (her favorite color). When we made it again, she wanted it to be for Julia, so she picked the logical choice...green (Julia's favorite color).
"Look Mom! I made a sea turtle!"


We're really enjoying our time together. It's precious and I'm eating it up! Simon loves reaping the benefits of "Mommy School" too!

Of course, we also have "field trips" (to the store, the library, friends' homes, etc.). What a great school! Lili really likes it when I use my teacher voice and call her my "best pupil." Hey, who wouldn't?

5 comments:

Nathan said...

And I thought I was your best pupil...

I think the only problem with MommySchool is that Lili will be bored when she goes real school!

Britt Wright said...

What a great idea! I might have to incorporate that with Ethan. Emery's preschool is during Ethan's nap time. (and how I do love those nap times) Someday Ethan, someday.

Mandy H said...

Hooray for mommy school Jaden is enrolled too. :) I love it and really cherish that time. You have some super cool ideas. I love the elephant mask, going to steal that idea for jaden! Keep letting me know what you do, I need more ideas I am not that creative.

Melanie said...

that looks so fun I'M thinking about enrolling now!

Henry Dawgs said...

Mommy School sounds like so much fun!! Where do you find your activities? We haven't gotten to the "painting" stage yet because I'm just too scared! It would definitely end up all over the walls, carpet, etc! :-) Have fun!