On September 21st, Simon had his "half-birthday." We even sang to him and everything. He loved it!
He got to start going to Nursery at church. He loves it, by the way.
At his 18-month well-child check-up:
he weighed in at 28 lbs (75%)
and
measured 34 3/4 inches tall (95%)
His head circumference was also in the 95%!
(He is a Wright, after all)
We also found out he's a bit anemic (iron-deficient).
He is always learning, and soaking up new information. He likes to be a helper and follow directions. When he's done eating, he takes his bowl/plate/cup to the sink. If he has garbage, he puts it in the trash can. He likes to do things when I ask him. He's so proud of himself!
He keeps coming up with new words. But, he doesn't necessarily use them on a day-to-day basis. Just, as needed (or wanted).
In addition to words he's been saying for a while, like:
Mama, Dada, Julia ("Yaya"), Liliana ("Loyla"), Thank you ("gank-oo"), Bye-bye, More (Moh), Yeah, "Na-na" (to nurse)
and newer ones like:
Light ("ligh"), Mine, No, bath ("ba-h")
He now says:
Here you go. ("Heh go.")
Bite - to offer you one ("Bi-e?")
Shoe ("szoo")
He makes a noise when something is yucky ("kkkkew")
{I hope I'm not forgetting any!}
He likes:
*to play peek-a-boo
(he'll cover his own eyes and everything)
*books & being read to
*music - he LOVES to dance
(Just the other day we were walking outside and a car drove by with loud music. He, of course, stopped in his tracks and busted out his moves).
*turning lights off and on
(he'll drag the chair over to the switch in the kitchen and have at it!)
*when I sing "The Wheels on the Bus" and "Pat-a-cake"
*to play "Where's Simon's..."
(eye, ear, hair, mouth, teeth, tongue, etc. & he points to it)
*to play animal noises game
("What does a fish say?" or cow, dog, cat, etc.)
*being outside
*being with his sisters (doing whatever they're doing)
*showering/bathing (LOVES!)
*anything that goes...particularly cars & airplanes
(he loves to see airplanes in the sky and point to them...it always makes him smile so big!)
*friends (other kids & babies)
He'll squat down and "talk" to babies (it makes the baby and Simon smile)! He loves to be right in the middle of a bunch of kids!
*wearing shoes (He'll bring them to me and say "szoo".)
Tidbits:
*He makes "smooching" noises to call Howie, while patting his knee.
*He sucks in his top lip and juts toward you to give you kisses. I love to ask him to give me some "sugar!" He's so sweet about giving me loves, hugs and kisses!
*Sometimes he puts random things in the trash can.
*Just the other day, I caught him with the large glue stick. He was using it like chapstick.
*He loves to wave at the window and say "bye-bye" over and over when Nate or I go somewhere (until he can't see us any more).
*He's gotten a little picky in the eating department. But, if there's one thing he will ALWAYS eat, it's meat. My son is a total carnivore!
*He loves to step on the stool in the bathroom, so he can play in the water.
*He still nurses to go to sleep (nap & bedtime). "Na-na?"
(Unless I'm not home, then he snuggles up on the couch with Daddy and drifts to sleep. Especially if they're watching football, or car shows, or any other "boy stuff" kind of shows. He loves that.)
*He's quite neat when he eats. He'll feed himself a whole yogurt & not spill any!
*When he has a messy diaper, I'll ask him if he does and he'll touch his diaper and say, "Yeah." Then, I'll say, "Let's go change it." He then comes up to me, takes my hand and we go upstairs. He'll even get me a diaper if I ask him to. Of course, he'll say, "kkkkkew!"
*Sometimes, when he's upset (yes, he does get upset sometimes), he gets in, what I like to refer to as, his "downward-facing dog" position when he cries (anyone do yoga?). It's the cutest thing!
We love our darling boy so much. He brings us so much joy and happiness! He is so full of love and his sweet, relaxed, laid-back personality is a pleasure to be around. I always tell everyone that he's the kind of baby/toddler who makes you think, "Hey! I could have several more of these!"
A very Merry Un-birthday to you, Simon!
He got to start going to Nursery at church. He loves it, by the way.
At his 18-month well-child check-up:
he weighed in at 28 lbs (75%)
and
measured 34 3/4 inches tall (95%)
His head circumference was also in the 95%!
(He is a Wright, after all)
We also found out he's a bit anemic (iron-deficient).
He is always learning, and soaking up new information. He likes to be a helper and follow directions. When he's done eating, he takes his bowl/plate/cup to the sink. If he has garbage, he puts it in the trash can. He likes to do things when I ask him. He's so proud of himself!
He keeps coming up with new words. But, he doesn't necessarily use them on a day-to-day basis. Just, as needed (or wanted).
In addition to words he's been saying for a while, like:
Mama, Dada, Julia ("Yaya"), Liliana ("Loyla"), Thank you ("gank-oo"), Bye-bye, More (Moh), Yeah, "Na-na" (to nurse)
and newer ones like:
Light ("ligh"), Mine, No, bath ("ba-h")
He now says:
Here you go. ("Heh go.")
Bite - to offer you one ("Bi-e?")
Shoe ("szoo")
He makes a noise when something is yucky ("kkkkew")
{I hope I'm not forgetting any!}
He likes:
*to play peek-a-boo
(he'll cover his own eyes and everything)
*books & being read to
*music - he LOVES to dance
(Just the other day we were walking outside and a car drove by with loud music. He, of course, stopped in his tracks and busted out his moves).
*turning lights off and on
(he'll drag the chair over to the switch in the kitchen and have at it!)
*when I sing "The Wheels on the Bus" and "Pat-a-cake"
*to play "Where's Simon's..."
(eye, ear, hair, mouth, teeth, tongue, etc. & he points to it)
*to play animal noises game
("What does a fish say?" or cow, dog, cat, etc.)
*being outside
*being with his sisters (doing whatever they're doing)
*showering/bathing (LOVES!)
*anything that goes...particularly cars & airplanes
(he loves to see airplanes in the sky and point to them...it always makes him smile so big!)
*friends (other kids & babies)
He'll squat down and "talk" to babies (it makes the baby and Simon smile)! He loves to be right in the middle of a bunch of kids!
*wearing shoes (He'll bring them to me and say "szoo".)
Tidbits:
*He makes "smooching" noises to call Howie, while patting his knee.
*He sucks in his top lip and juts toward you to give you kisses. I love to ask him to give me some "sugar!" He's so sweet about giving me loves, hugs and kisses!
*Sometimes he puts random things in the trash can.
*Just the other day, I caught him with the large glue stick. He was using it like chapstick.
*He loves to wave at the window and say "bye-bye" over and over when Nate or I go somewhere (until he can't see us any more).
*He's gotten a little picky in the eating department. But, if there's one thing he will ALWAYS eat, it's meat. My son is a total carnivore!
*He loves to step on the stool in the bathroom, so he can play in the water.
*He still nurses to go to sleep (nap & bedtime). "Na-na?"
(Unless I'm not home, then he snuggles up on the couch with Daddy and drifts to sleep. Especially if they're watching football, or car shows, or any other "boy stuff" kind of shows. He loves that.)
*He's quite neat when he eats. He'll feed himself a whole yogurt & not spill any!
*When he has a messy diaper, I'll ask him if he does and he'll touch his diaper and say, "Yeah." Then, I'll say, "Let's go change it." He then comes up to me, takes my hand and we go upstairs. He'll even get me a diaper if I ask him to. Of course, he'll say, "kkkkkew!"
*Sometimes, when he's upset (yes, he does get upset sometimes), he gets in, what I like to refer to as, his "downward-facing dog" position when he cries (anyone do yoga?). It's the cutest thing!
We love our darling boy so much. He brings us so much joy and happiness! He is so full of love and his sweet, relaxed, laid-back personality is a pleasure to be around. I always tell everyone that he's the kind of baby/toddler who makes you think, "Hey! I could have several more of these!"
A very Merry Un-birthday to you, Simon!
And now, for your viewing pleasure, Simon enjoying a favorite activity...

6 comments:
I can't believe how fast time has gone by and he is almost 2! such fun and sweet things to know about your little guy. not too suprising though, he comes from such good stock!:)
Happy 18th-month, Simon!!! Lauren, I can't believe he's already 18 months! He is such a cutie-pie!! Ethan and Mitchell's first word was "light" and they loved to play with the switch. He is so sweet!!
He's grown up sooo much! I love his little voice...and Nursery, you must love that!
love all the details! I keep procrastinating a list like this for Noah's 10-month... Though his won't be nearly as accomplished quite yet! *wink*
Cute kiddo!!
I need to read your blog more to learn about our kids!
Nate...you're killing me!
Simon is adorable! I can hardly wait to get some of that there "sugar" for myself!
Post a Comment