We've all probably seen it scrawled across bumper stickers, attached to minivans and SUV's around the country. "Soccer Mom." That faithful Mom of a soccer player, who's always there, taking her kids to practice, games, camps, tournaments, etc. I'm excited that Julia is totally in to soccer and loves to play it. Granted, we are in the very early stages of that whole "Soccer Mom" thing. I wouldn't even say we're technically there quite yet. It's more like just being the mom of a six-year-old, period.
But, what's this? Maybe I can be a "Soccer Mom" in a whole other way...
But, what's this? Maybe I can be a "Soccer Mom" in a whole other way...
{pictures taken by a friend...thank you! Sorry, my camera is not exactly a "high speed" kind of camera.}Yep, that's me, getting in on the action of an indoor soccer team a friend from church put together. We played last week and it was so much FUN! There are twelve of us and there are only five on the field at a time (including the goalie). So, we had some good rotation going for the two 20-minute halves. That definitely worked in our favor! We (the "Red Hots") won 8-0! I didn't score any this time, but I was able to assist on a few! :) It was such a BLAST!
We play at 9:15 at night, so it works out with kids and everything. We practiced the morning before and just brought kids if we had to (which means I had all three of mine, but they did fine). It's so fun to play again (I haven't played much since I was a kid). One would think that with all the running, biking, swimming I have been doing I wouldn't be sore from playing soccer, right? WRONG! I was a bit sore after practice and definitely sore after the game (my quads and knees and ankle were anyway). :) I'm hoping my body will get used to it though.
Anyway, the night I left, when I was saying goodnight to the kids, Liliana gave me a goodnight kiss and said, "Bye soccer Mom." So, I certainly consider myself a "Soccer Mom" these days, and I'm loving it! Julia thinks it's so cool that we both play soccer! She has scored two goals per game in each of her last three games, so maybe I can get to be as good as she is!
12 comments:
So proud of you guys! I'm coming next time with some body paint and a few posters!
Go number #23! You totally rock (just like Michael.. is that why you chose the number?!?).
It was just a shirt that was already made and I got to have it! :) I said I'd have to tell everyone that was my age! :)
That WAS fun!
I;ll come with Beth in the cheering section! I am proud of you for doing this! Glad you are enjoying it! :)
You guys have the coolest ward! I'm totally jealous - I want to be a soccer mom too.
How totally cool! You guys seem to be enjoying Texas and getting into shape!
I feel like I'm in high school again looking at all of your athletic pix. Way to go Naunie!
Love,
Rob
Go Soccer Mom!!! This sounds like so much fun! I wish I knew how to even play soccer!! :) Go Red Hots!!
this looks like a great time, love the team name, it suits you!
Remember it's not a foul if you're going for the ball...
Post a Comment