Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Nate's birthday

Nate had his 32nd birthday on the 8th! I think it was a fun birthday week. As I mentioned before, we got to have my mom & brother here for a visit. So, the day before Nate's birthday, we all went shopping. My mom got him a gift card from Sun Ski and Sport and I got him some compression shorts for running. It's funny because he called me later and said he was leaving work early that day. He thought it'd be fun if we all went to the mall so he could check out Sun Ski and Sport and maybe buy something with his birthday money. I said, "Oh, okay, maybe you should wait until tomorrow...your birthday." Anyway, we did end up going to the mall together and mom and I gave him his presents a day early. We didn't have to though, because he actually didn't buy anything that day. Oh well. We went out to eat at Rain Forest Cafe (always fun) after window shopping a bit. It was a fun night!

The next day was "the big day."

The kids gave Nate some new spices to use when he's grilling. He quite liked that!



He got to leave work a little early again (well, early for him anyway) and we all went to Shogun (a hibachi place). It was so delicous!The kids loved watching our chef cook right in front of us. The big fire scared Simon a little.

They even sang to him (while banging a gong) and brought him a dessert. He shared with all of us. I think it was a pretty fun way to celebrate our Nate the Great! Happy birthday sweetheart!

7 comments:

Nathan said...

Thank you, hun. The big Two-Nine only happens once, you know? Gotta have fun while we're young!

Britt Wright said...

How fun! Going out to eat looked like quite the excursion...and lots of fun. =)

Melanie said...

you're going to first have tell me how you got your kids to eat hibachi! if only...we just barely got hannah and jackson to like subway! i kid you not! what a fun time, you guys are the coolest!

Lauren said...

Well, it went a little something like this...Liliana had white rice and chicken and Julia ate edamame (that's it). Simon loved everything! :)

Xela said...

Yummy Hibachi!!!

Emily S. said...

Cute family! Your hubby is such a natural dad... You must LOVE it!

ali said...

Okay. I can't get past the "compression shorts" thing. What do they compress? Are you sure they're not called "impression shorts?" The proper amount of lycra can make anything look impressive! Nate, my son, you look kinda like a puffer fish in the candle pic. I don't mean to sound critical...but your cheeks are enormous. (Oh...once again the thought of compression shorts rises....) Seriously though, you are still the apple of my eye! I love ya tons! Happy birthday old man!