This just had to be its very own post! As I mentioned previously, we made an emergency trip to the pet store this past Saturday. Julia chose a tree frog to be the newest member of the family. So, without further ado...
presenting
"Lily Pad"
the tree frog:



Yes, I know, there might be a little confusion when someone says, "Lily" or "Lili" in this house, but, hopefully it'll all be just fine. We told Julia that it might be a bit confusing if, say, she's in her room and yells down to us, "Mom, Dad, Lily peed on me!" It's pretty safe to assume she meant the tree frog, but you just never know! She insisted that "Lily" is different from "Lili," because "Lili" is short for "Liliana" and "Lily" is short for "Lily Pad." So, there you have it folks..."Lily Pad" it is. Isn't she a cute little frog? We sure think so, and Julia is thrilled!
3 comments:
I love that she still pays tribute to Lime whenever she talks about being happy to get Lily. The frog Lily, not the sister Lili. But she loves the sister one more.
Julia-I think it is a perfect name! It makes perfect sense. Does she jump far? does she make a lot of noise?
I want a frog!
Post a Comment