I was in Target just the other day, and I came across a road bike for a great price! Well, since I only have a mountain bike, which was going to cost big bucks to get in riding condition (with slick tires & all), I decided to buy it. It's that birthday gift promise I got back in October that was waiting for the right opportunity. The opportunity finally came and I pounced. Now, I know it's not some top-of-the-line road or tri bike, of course, but I'm so excited about it! I think it's the perfect starter bike. And, it cost less than fixing up my mountain bike & it's a road bike! Yipee!
I got to ride it on Saturday and, I have to say, it was awesome! The one improvement I'd like to make is a new seat (one that is specifically for women). Ouch! Anyway, I had a great ride and I'm excited for my new "beaut" to take my triathlon journey with me. I'm still working on the name though. Aw, c'mon, didn't you name your bike when you were a kid? :)
{FYI: Brick - doing two (or more) different exercises (one after another) with little rest between each. (e.g., bike and then as soon as your bike workout is complete go for a run). Bricks are usually bike-run but can be any combination.}
2 comments:
A name for your bike...
The Punisher
Hi Ho silver (works on so many levels)
Toodles
I'm so proud of you for hitting the training so hard! You'll get to ride this baby more as the weather warms up.
What a sweet ride! I am really proud of you as well for doing this! I know (from watching Jeff) that it is not easy, but you are going to do great!
Post a Comment