Simon has been battling back-to-back ear infections for the last several weeks. When we returned to the doctor a couple of weeks ago, it turns out that he not only still had the one infected ear, but the other one was too! So, his doc put him on Augmentin. Well, after he'd been on the meds for a week, he broke out in hives. I noticed and one of the first things I thought was that he might be having some sort of allergic reaction (either to food, or the medicine). I called the Dr's office, took him in, and they confirmed that he was, indeed, having an allergic reaction (to the medicine). They said they'd be considering him Penicillin allergic from now on. Also, the Dr. thought he looked a bit pale, so she sent us to get some blood work done. It turns out that he's also slightly anemic. So, having confirmed that his ears looked better, they took him off Augmentin, put him on iron supplements & he is now doing lots better! Thank goodness! I'll just keep my fingers crossed that he doesn't get any more ear infections!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
man those are cute! he is a doll!
love your new header! Great pics of your son, too!
Poor little guy! You have the best looking kids and pics. You'll have to teach me your tricks to make my blog as cute as yours:-)!
So glad he is doing better! Those ear infections are the worst!!!! LOve your change to your blog!!!! Had so much fun at the park today, let's do it again soon.
Love the Header! Poor litle man. That last picture of him and Howie is priceless!
I can spell... L-I-T-T-L-E...jeez.
Poor Simon! Glad to hear he is back to himself now...So sad when they get sick :(
xoxo
Just one question - Where do you keep his top lip? Because you forgot to put it on him for these pictures. :)
Post a Comment