As you know, I've been training for my first triathlon. Mostly I've been biking and running. I know those are areas where I need the most work, so I've been concentrating on them. But, I've been wanting (and needing) to get back to the pool too. Well, I was finally able to get back in the water last night. Nate is such a supportive, wonderful husband! He took care of getting the kids bathed and to bed, so I could go swim for an hour. Thanks sweetie!
I am definitely a swimmer, through and through!
I swam 3000 yards last night and it felt great! There is such a different feeling for me when I'm swimming versus when I'm biking or running. Don't get me wrong, being outside while I'm running is great! And, I've only been biking stationary, so I'm sure it's better out doing it for real, but for me, nothing matches up to the feeling and overall workout of a good swim. And swimming doesn't hurt my knees like running has! I'm just wishing I had one of those waterproof cases for my iPod! That would be perfect!
I'll continue to run and bike, but I'll always feel most "at home" in the pool, because I am a swimmer. But, I'll keep training, looking forward to that day when I can say, "I'm a triathlete" too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Holy cow 3000! Jeff's said to tell you "You are a MACHINE". I am so happy for you that you are doing this! It is going to be a wonderful accomplishment and you know me I will be there in the "cheerleading" section, Saying go LO!
Thanks Xe! I appreciate that so much!
That's amazing! I wish I had your energy! I did once....back in the day. Then I had 3 boys. Whewww.... That can really take it outta ya!:)
I am impressed! That is hard work and I admire you. Maybe my run tomorrow won't be as hard ;-)
Running, Biking, Swimming - I believe they call people like you a "Triple Threat"
Go Lauren! We'll be cheering you on!
holy cow I am so impressed! Only I would be calling you a triathelete now!
Thanks for all the support everyone! Y'all are awesome! :)
Post a Comment