Friday, January 4, 2008
A "duh" moment
This is a little embarrassing, but I thought I'd tell you anyway, and maybe save someone else from making the same mistake. So, I got my Costco coupons in the mail the other day and I thought, "I'm going to go through these and actually use them!" You see, I always have the best intentions with coupons, but they usually end up stuck in a drawer until well after their expiration date (which I always discover when I think to use them). Anyway, I went to Costco today and actually remembered to take my coupon booklet! I was so proud of myself! Many of the items I chose because they had coupons. Then I stood in an aisle, carefully tearing out all the coupons before I went to check out. I was quite happy with the money I would save. Items I might have put off for later, I went ahead and bought, because they had coupons! Woo-hoo! So, I was at the check-out, Simon was crying (a very nice man let me go ahead of him). I handed them my card and said, "Oh, I have coupons too." They said, "Those don't start until the 7th." I said, "Oh...what's today?" They answered, "The 4th." "Oh," I replied, as I felt the heat rise in my cheeks. They were nice though and told me it happens all the time and that I could bring my receipt back in on the 7th, with the coupons and they would reimburse me the difference. Boy, was I glad! Silly me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I have done the same exact thing! How funny. I love Costco...they're good about reimbursing.
Hi,Hon! It's Mom and KK! I love all the pictures and miss you all already. I really appreciate you keeping us posted with the family activities and the pictures. I can see my grand babies from a far! :)
We love you all! Happy New Year from South Carolina!
Love you all the numbers!
Mom
Well, I just posted a comment under inzane, which I don't know who that is, but anyway, I did put my name in it so you will know it is from me. I sure do love and miss you. We so enjoyed having all of you with us at Christmas time.
Love you,
Mom
it does happen to the best of us...at least they don't say that coupons are only good at time of purchase.
I found you! I actually tried emailing you last week after talking to Sadie, but I obviously have your email wrong. Your family is darling! We have a lot to catch up on. Can't wait!
hah, I almost did the same thing but then realized the dates when I got there. Luckily Jaden was being good or I would have been in big trouble.
trying to comment.......TEST
Yes it worked....I am not sure what the deal is but I think I figured it out. It's been so long I forgot what I was going to comment on this:) Anyway love ya!
I am not sure which was funnier...your "duh" moment, or your Mom posting a comment under "Inzane" and not knowing how she did it! :) Ida, I know where Lauren gets her "funniness" from!~ :) Just loving the blog Lo! :) Love you lots!
Post a Comment