I'm a little behind in writing about this, but here you have it...
Julia's last happenings at school, as a Kindergartener.
I was able to attend her "end of the year luau." Fun was had by all! There were crafts, games, and even a water balloon toss! The kids got to decorate their very own t-shirts with sponge paints (they wore them on the last day of school). They played a "hot potato" style game, but with a pineapple, of course and "Memory" Hawaii-style.
The fruit salad we brought was a big hit with kids and Moms alike. They also had other yummy treats like cookies, chips, candy & such. I was so glad I was able to be there!
Julia's last happenings at school, as a Kindergartener.
I was able to attend her "end of the year luau." Fun was had by all! There were crafts, games, and even a water balloon toss! The kids got to decorate their very own t-shirts with sponge paints (they wore them on the last day of school). They played a "hot potato" style game, but with a pineapple, of course and "Memory" Hawaii-style.
The fruit salad we brought was a big hit with kids and Moms alike. They also had other yummy treats like cookies, chips, candy & such. I was so glad I was able to be there!

Liliana, Simon and I all got to go to Julia's Kindergarten graduation. I can't believe I have an "official" first-grader now.
They played the "graduation march" as the Kindergarten kids came in to the cafetorium. Then, they had them line up by class and called them forth by name, one child at a time...even pausing for photo op's after the child shook hands with the principal and was handed a diploma by his/her teacher. They also sang "First Grade, First Grade" (tune of New York, New York). {FYI: Julia said she did NOT like that song.} :) It was all so cute! Then, they had snacks for kids and parents afterward.

Congratulations, to our Kindergarten graduate! We love you Julia!
The day after the last day of school, all the afternoon Kindergarten families had a swim party, complete with snacks, drinks and pizza (too bad Julia doesn't like pizza). :)
The kids LOVED getting to swim with all their friends. It was so much fun!
What a delightful way to celebrate the end of the school year, and the beginning of summer vacation! The pool is where we'll be spending most of our summer days, after all!Woo-hoo!
4 comments:
Texas likes to party BIG! What a celebration...congrats Jules. It looks like you all had tons of fun. Have fun at the pool this summer!
Congrats to Julia, you are a big first grader now, yipee!
Wow, I can't beleive how grown up Julia is getting! Hope you all have a great summer vacay!
beautiful kids the lot of them! Congrats to Julia, can you believe how fast they grow up?? No more half day kindergarten!!
Post a Comment