Monday, June 9, 2008

The Host

Have you read Stephenie Meyer's new book yet? I picked it up a couple weeks ago and, once I got in to it, I could not put it down. I stayed up 'til 1:45 last night finishing it. I would go so far as to say, I loved it! It was truly a great read...real thought-provoking and image-inducing. I enjoyed the whole thing, but I was "able to put it down" for the first 100 pages or so. After that, I really got hooked in to it and didn't ever want to put it down, though I HAD to, of course (it is a 619 page book, after all)!

I highly recommend it. I also enjoyed (will enjoy the rest of) her "Twilight" series. Just know, they are nothing alike. I wasn't expecting them to be, so that was just fine with me, but I've heard some people were a little disappointed because of that.

So, if you haven't read it yet, and you're looking for a good read to start of your summer vacation...you should check out, The Host!

5 comments:

Xela said...

I finally got past the dreaded (I will say 200 pages) and now it is getting good. Looking forward to finishing it soon!

Sands...Like Sands on the Beach said...

Loved it as well, Miss Lauren! I would in fact like to read it again, because I feel like I could enjoy it more the second time knowing more about it now!

Lori Ellsworth said...

I am about 150 pages into it. It's got to pick up soon. Xela, I'm glad you commented because I was starting to think that if Stephenie Meyer hadn't written this book, I wouldn't be reading it.

Melanie said...

yes, persevere because you will get hooked. the first part was a bit confusing but man, once you understand more of what's going on, it's a not put down book! i'm with you lo, loved it!

ali said...

Morgan, Joel and I just finished the first book. It is rather addicting! Joel cried.....