Thursday, October 4, 2007

Icky Sicky

I have been so sick the past few days! I felt like I was trying to swallow razor blades or something, any time I swallowed. Thankfully, Nate came home early on Tuesday, so I could just go to bed (and go to the doctor). Sleep really is the best thing when you're sick. I just don't want anyone else to get this! The doctor tested me for strep throat, but it turns out I don't have that, just some other awful infection. So, I'm on antibiotics now and slowly, but surely feeling better. I'm not up to par, as of yet, but I'll get there.

I just wanted to post because I'm feeling so grateful. I'm grateful for family and good friends. I'm thankful for my dear, helping husband. My friend, Rebecca helped by taking Julia to her Whoville class. My friend, Lori helped me out immensely yesterday because she watched the girls for me so I could rest. For hours! How nice is that? And my friend, Christine picked Julia up from school for me yesterday and plans to again today. Not to mention, the other phone calls and offers to help. I tell ya, we are surrounded by people who care and I feel so loved. Thank you!

6 comments:

Amy Pennington said...

Love your blog and hope you feel better soon. My Megs is on day 4 of missing school and has been sick since friday with an upper resp. infection that is viral so we get to play the waiting game.

Lori Ellsworth said...

I hope you're feeling better today! I'm glad I could help out.--Lori

Emi Edgley said...

Not good... mom's aren't supposed to get sick! I hope you feel up to speed again soon!

Nathan said...

You're never icky, hun. Only sicky. And that's how I like ya!

vickiticki said...

Love you Lauren!!
Feel better soon!

ali said...

I'm so sorry that you've been sick! I wish that I was there to help too!
We are finishing our magical week in California with Mom and Dad and sibs. It's been awesome.

Does that make you feel better???

Love ya always and forever, Mom