This past Friday night, we got to go to a Halloween party at one of our friends' house. It was so fun! The kids picked out costumes that we already had at home (Julia was a frog and Liliana was a "Pinocchio Princess"). I put Simon in a cute little turtle costume we had. He looked darling in it! Nate and I made up our own (he was a Russian sailor and I was a biker chick). :) The kids have changed their minds a few times, so we haven't bought (or made) costumes for this year yet. I'm hoping to get to that, and soon!
My contribution to helping with the party including making some of the food. I made the "apple bites," "vampire bats," and "Jack-O-Lantern cheese ball." There were all kinds of yummy, fun, Halloween-themed foods there. I thought there were some very creative dishes! There was even a Jello mold brain there. It was very realistic!
There was a pinata for the kids, full of CANDY, of course! All the kids got a good whack or two at it. They enjoyed that. Julia caught a toad in the back yard at one point. She loved that! The adults had a great time just visiting, eating good food, and watching their kids have a blast! One of the guys had this mullet wig that everyone was passing around and trying on. I thought Nate looked so hilarious in it!
Did I mention how much I enjoy Halloween? Happy Halloween everyone!
My contribution to helping with the party including making some of the food. I made the "apple bites," "vampire bats," and "Jack-O-Lantern cheese ball." There were all kinds of yummy, fun, Halloween-themed foods there. I thought there were some very creative dishes! There was even a Jello mold brain there. It was very realistic!
There was a pinata for the kids, full of CANDY, of course! All the kids got a good whack or two at it. They enjoyed that. Julia caught a toad in the back yard at one point. She loved that! The adults had a great time just visiting, eating good food, and watching their kids have a blast! One of the guys had this mullet wig that everyone was passing around and trying on. I thought Nate looked so hilarious in it!
Did I mention how much I enjoy Halloween? Happy Halloween everyone!

6 comments:
I think you all look great. One observation, tell me it is true: Nate will jump at the opportunity to wear women's clothing (even if it is just the shirt). Correct?
Actually that's a Russian sailor's shirt. Manly. Very.
Looks like you had a lot of fun, the kids look adorable in those cute little costumes!
Great! Your recipe for the pumpkin please!
Nate,
It pains me to have to tell you at this late date in your life....but a 3/4 sleeve lycra striped shirt is not what one would consider to be "manly."
It looks like you had a Halloween blast! What darling grandchildren i have! (Oh wait, this blog is not all about me....) Lo, you are a star and we love you to death! Thank you for all the pictures and updates.
Julia is an expert on the piano...I'm so glad she's leaning towards the classics in her music selections!
I want to eat Simon up! He is so adorable!
I can't believe Ms. Lils is 3! She ia gorgeous and apparently has no need for "toddlerhood" since she's passed it up completely!
Love ya'll! Mom
That was such a fun time! As always!
Post a Comment