Nate's surgery went wonderfully. I can't believe how quickly it all went. We had to be there soooooooo EARLY (6 am)! That's okay though, we missed traffic driving in to the city. We were fortunate enough to have the surgery performed at the hospital where our good friend happens to be CEO. Let's just say they took great care of us! We definitely got the VIP treatment. Really, everyone was so nice to both me and Nate (and Simon, who I brought with me). They made it easier for us all and I appreciate it. Thank you Jeff!
I also feel so blessed by all the phone calls and e-mails we received from people checking on him and offering help. He's doing great. He's getting his needed rest for his recovery, and thank goodness for those pain pills!
I'm thankful for all our dear friends! We are surrounded by such wonderful people! I knew my kids were well taken care of while I was with Nate. That was such a help! We even got dinner last night. Let me tell you...it was delicious! Potato soup with bacon & chives to top it with, homemade rolls, salad & even homemade sugar cookies shaped like hearts! Yummy! Everything was so good! To all my dear friends...THANK YOU! What would I do without you?
I can't post this without telling you some of the funnier sides to yesterday's procedure. The people who know us, know we don't drink. Well, let's just say, thanks to the "sleepy" medicine Nate got from the anesthesiologist yesterday, I have now witnessed what it'd be like to see Nate inebriated. And, to quote him, "at least we know [he's] not a violent drunk." He was so funny...cracking jokes, slurring his speech, repeating himself. He said stuff like, "having surgery isn't so bad." And when I helped him get dressed afterward, he said, "Hey the curtains are closed...come 'ere." It's good to know, he was still himself, even in that state. :) I have to say, I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall, hearing everything he said once they wheeled him away. And shortly after he woke up. I should have videoed it so he could see. Oh well. At least we now know he's not allergic to anesthetic and that he reacts just fine...if not humorously.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You failed to mention that I had 2 hernias, when only 1 was expected. I think the kids are very excited to have the "daddy trampoline" repaired and tightened. They really expect to get some good air off my belly now.
Glad to hear he is doing so well. We were thinking of ya! And thanks for the laugh, just like a man to think in that state of mind no matter what influence he is under!
Mandy
man, I had no idea Nate was going into surgery. Shows what a good sister I am, hey? I glad things went well, though. And, how did you get your blog so cute?
Post a Comment