I feel like Simon is making leaps and bounds in his development lately. First of all, he is in to EVERYTHING! He keeps me hopping, but it's so fun. He has such a sweet personality! He'll go somewhere I don't want him to be, say, the stairs. Then, he'll look back at me and smile as if to say, (read it in a sing-songy voice) "Look Mommy, I'm on the stairs!" I go after him and he laughs. It's so cute! Well, lately he's discovered some new places and things to get in to. I've taken to calling him "monkey" or "monk" lately because he is a climber! I've captured a few of his new hot spots for you...
We bought a fireplace screen, to help keep him out of the fireplace (and those blasted rocks that fill it). Good idea, right? Well, he's a sneaky one.
See what I mean?
See what I mean?
Next, we have the hot new hang out place, known as the kitchen drawer. I usually like to keep place mats in that drawer, but Simon has found a new use for it.
And, always a fave, the dishwasher. He LOVES the dishwasher. It is so funny! He'll be nicely playing with his toys in the next room...I open the dishwasher to unload and/or load it and he's there in a blink! I usually hear him coming, because he crawls so fast that his hands and knees make smacking noises on the tile. And he does that excited breathing thing. He really likes to "help" me with the dishes.
But this is probably his favorite thing to do with the dishwasher (or at least the newest)...
My Mom has picture of me as a child doing this very thing.
As you can see, he is busy! But, that's okay...he is just so much fun! He's also very smart! As I've told you before, he can sign a few words, which is just so neat to see him do! He also is a good listener. I'll say, "No Simon, please don't" and he'll stop in his tracks. He's learning to be a "first-time listener" (as we tell our other kids all the time). :) Well, at least until he realizes it could be a very fun game! It would go something like this:
"ah-ah-ah Simon."
[Smile] from Simon, followed by trying it out again.
Then, I have to actually say "No" and then remove him from the situation and distract him with some other fun toy.
Other developments:
He just cut in two molars about a week or so ago, bringing his count up to 10 teeth! One for each month of his age! (Well, for two more days, anyway - 'til he'll turn 11 months old - I can't believe that!).
He has been standing in place all by himself a lot lately. He'll stand for at least up to a minute or so, without holding on to anything. I've even seen him stand, start to squat down, but stand back up instead. So, he's standing and squatting. I think walking will be coming soon. Aaaaah! No, it's actually quite cute to see how excited he gets to walk (while holding on to us, or something else...even Howie). Nate and I think within this next month, we'll have a walker on our hands. What a milestone! I can't believe it!
We are all just enjoying that sweet baby boy so much! He's cuddly, loving, sweet, handsome, smart and, and...OURS! I feel so blessed to be a Mom and to have such wonderful children! It's fun to see Julia and Liliana as big sisters to him. They take such good care of him and he loves them so incredibly much! Ah, this is the life! To (loosely) quote Nate's sweet Grandma, "I'm not in my 'golden years.' I don't think of this as the 'golden years.' Where you are now, THAT is the true 'golden years'. Enjoy it."
12 comments:
I swear that drawer is going to break. And if it does - well, there goes MY hang out spot.
I have been wondering how Simon has been doing. It made me laugh seeing him in the drawer - that is Jack's favorite spot too. He likes to get into the cupboards too and close himself in. Boys, boys, boys...
What an absolute cutie! I'm going to have to try the "first time listener" with my kids...we really need help in that area!
Simon is sooo big! And so cute! The adventures that boys have...and just think, I have 2! I love my boys.
okay who is older Zach or Simon? (haha) He is doing so many things that Zach has not discovered yet! It is so cute though, we have the same thing with the dishwasher although he has never climbed like that.......I can't believe what a climber Simon is oh and by the way he has changed a lot in the last week, seriously I can not believe it! What a cutie though, we love him! :)
Lochlin does exactly the same things! =) How funny! He empties out all the tupperware out of the bottom drawer in the kitchen and sits in it! And he even crawls in the dishwasher! Too cute! I think they may have know each other before! Simon is such a cute little boy. It's fun to see how your little family has grown. I met you when you were pregnant with Julia. It seems like such a long time ago, but it really wasn't. You're such a cute Mom...and you guys have a beautiful family!
These are some golden years! You have darling kids. Wish they could stay little forever!
Lauren- what a fun blog! Could your children be any more darling?! I love how you describe Simon's mad dash to the dishwasher...how that brings back memories! Boy's are wonderful, aren't they?
you really find him anywhere...how cute! I used to find megs in the dryer!
nate, your comment made me laugh.
Lauren, I LOVE that paraphrase from Grandma... Really touched me.
And I LOVE these types of entries from you! I see my own near future in them (can that really only be 8 months away for me??), as well as how wonderful your life is. Love ya!
Wow he is growing fast and into more things than Jaden which is shocking! He is so cute though and glad you are enjoying all of your time with him. Aren't boys fun!
oh my Simon looks like he is a blast! It's funny how the majority of little boys all get into the same things! It was so fun sitting by you at Melanie's birthday dinner! I can't wait to get to know you even better!
Beth Ann
Post a Comment