Sunday, February 3, 2008

My Saturday session

I am thrilled about the brick I did yesterday morning. "Armed" with my new bike saddle, I set out to ride. I decided to follow the loop that I'll be doing on the day of the triathlon. I feel like I managed the 12-mile ride just fine. There were a couple issues...my pants got caught in the chain, so I had to stop and get them out (I rode the rest of the way with my right pant leg pulled up over my knee), and I dropped my chain twice (I think it was due to drastic gear changing...I'll be more careful next time). All in all it was a good ride. At one point I laughed to myself because I was steadily climbing a big hill and across the street to my left there was a runner (we were pretty neck-in-neck). Mind you, he was a FAST runner, but really, how fast can someone run? That was a bit of a confidence buster, but that's okay! I'll get there! :) I still feel good about it!

Also, one section of the loop was on a pretty busy road. I kept envisioning myself crashing & getting run over (thankfully, that didn't happen!). There were a few times when cars whizzed past me in the same lane I was in...that scared me! But, I survived and didn't get honked at, so I consider it a success.

As soon as I rode into my driveway, I took my bike inside, switched out my helmet for a bandanna, grabbed my iPod and went right back out for my run. I ran a familiar route around my neighborhood and I was proud that I ran the whole time! I wasn't sure how far I went, but I came home and mapped it on a very cool website (http://www.mapmyrun.com/) and found out I ran just barely over two and a half miles. I'm feeling better and better everyday of my training. Thanks for bearing with me as this seems to be taking over a lot of my posts. :) I'm thankful for the support of friends and family. Y'all are awesome!

Nate snapped a picture for me on my way out...lookin' all "professional" and stuff. Okay, maybe not, but that's okay.

Check out my sweet saddle. It felt a whole lot better!

6 comments:

Johnson Family said...

That is a serious seat! I am so impressed that you're doing a triathlon. I can't imagine getting off a bike and then running 2.5 miles! Way to go!

Nathan said...

Good Work Suga! Oh, and I would have honked if I saw you biking by. And wolf called. And whistled. And made obscene gestures.

Mary Victoria said...

You rock girl! That website is handy too! Thanks for the link :)

Lori Ellsworth said...

GO Lauren! I am inspired!

Emi Edgley said...

All my good intentions to simultaneously run/bike/swim alongside you have turned into morning death sleeps. Yep, my training has not started... yet. I guess I'm waiting for warmer weather.

And my lack of movement has me appreciating your efforts all the more. Great work! We're cheering you on here in the wild, wild west.

Emily S. said...

that saddle is so cool!! I'm proud of you in so many ways. Thanks for inspiring!