Thursday, April 30, 2009

Fun at school

Getting Down with Mama Goose
(a.k.a. Julia's 1st grade program)

Julia did such a great job! The songs were all so cute (variations on classic nursery rhymes)! Julia even had a speaking part. [Here's the part where I should tell you that I totally forgot about it, lost the paper with her part on it, made lots of phone calls (on the day of), and finally tracked it down. Then, we were able to go over it. Thankfully, she is great at memorizing! But, I think I'll leave that part out.] She did great!

Like the pic of Nate? That's what he got to do during most of the performance. Bless his heart.

And, no, your eyes do not deceive you, that is my Mom and brother in that picture! We were so lucky to have them here! They were delighted they could watch Julia's performance!

Another perk of going to the school, for something like this, is getting to walk around and see Julia's artwork on display. She was so proud! We are too, of course.

Before we left, we got to get up close and personal with some of the props. Naturally, it afforded some cute photo opp's.

We're all proud of our Julia!

"Getting down with Mama Goose"


The {indoor} School Carnival.
Yes, that's right, folks...I said indoor. The carnival was set for a Friday...rain or shine. Of course, it poured buckets all day rained. But, thanks to the awesome PTA carnival committee, the show went on...and it was a success at that. Let's just say, though, that the gym smelled quite a bit like sweaty kids. But, I guess that just lets you know how much fun they were all having!

Toward the end of the night, it cleared up outside. Everyone was thankful for that, because they moved the "hairspray coloring booth" outside. I think it was causing several people to get woozy. I'm glad we steered clear 'til it was outside.

The girls were so sweet with Simon. They helped him climb on all the fun slides and jumping "houses." Lili loved playing miniature golf. They all loved the clown show. Julia loved having her hair spotted, like a cheetah. I think they'd all agree that their favorite thing was...
the candy.

Julia and Simon, slidin'.

1 comment:

Britt Wright said...

Jules is growing up so much! And she's so beautiful! I can't wait to hear about 2nd grade!