Sunday, April 19, 2009

Simon's birthday fun


We had a lot of fun on Simon's birthday. We thought it would be fun to take him swimming. We invited a couple friends to meet us and we all swam our hearts out! I think we ended up being there for four plus hours! Simon had the best time, even if his lips did turn blue. He loved going down the slide!
We ended up ordering pizza and eating it there.
{And, folks, let me just tell you...I am shocked and amazed that Julia even touched a slice of cheese pizza, much more so that she actually even tasted it, a little. Uh-mazing.}
Simon ate all the meat off his pizza. That is his favorite part, after all.

Because we swam so long, Simon fell asleep on the way home. So, we put off present-opening and cake-eating until the next day. He loved getting to open his presents (lots of "things that go") and very much loved having a "car cake." What a great birthday! We love you Simon!




3 comments:

Melanie said...

Anyone else love that Lili speared her entire piece of cake and was eating it off the fork?? So funny! Simon is getting so big so fast. I can remember when we were BOTH pregnant!! Happy Bday Simon!

Lauren said...

Mel, I think that's the reason I posted the video in the first place. She cracks me up! It was just a good "snap shot" of the moment, you know? :)

Britt Wright said...

Jules tried a piece of pizza!! CRAZY! Your kids are so cute and are totally growing up!