For our Spring Break this year, we had a lot of fun just being home, together (well, until Dad had to leave to go on a scout camp out for the weekend, but that's okay!). It really was a great week. The kids had the best time playing outside with friends, catching anoles, eating ice cream (from the ice cream truck, of course), reading, relaxing, drawing with sidewalk chalk, playing with playdough, and all things "spring break."
I loved not having anywhere we HAD to be, getting to keep Julia home with us, and watching them enjoy themselves.
I loved not having anywhere we HAD to be, getting to keep Julia home with us, and watching them enjoy themselves.
We had a great surprise near the end of the week! I was standing outside talking to my neighbor when a van pulled up and parked in front of our house. I walked over to see who it was (since I couldn't tell from a distance) and as we approached each other, I couldn't believe my eyes! It was Nate's cousin Doug! He lives in Utah, so I didn't expect to see him in our driveway, you know? (He was in the area on business). I haven't seen him in what feels like forever! He spent a few hours with us, visiting and catching up. We really enjoyed getting to see him!Thanks for coming Doug!
Once Nate left for his camping trip, the kids and I were on our own. We found out that our friends' band (we know a couple people who play/sing in it - cool, I know) was playing at a local outdoor market cafe, so I decided to brave it and take all three kids on over there to have dinner and enjoy the show. They did really well and loved being there! Liliana and Simon had fun dancing right up front. Julia loved being Stacy's little "groupie." I was so glad we went...even if it was a little difficult when it came time to leave!
It gave us all a little taste of what we're really looking forward to...summer vacation!
3 comments:
How fun is that! And how cool was it that Doug stopped by! And we can't wait until summer vacation either!!! See you in a few months!
What a fun week! It went by fast didn't it? So glad you guys came to the show. They can always use more groupies!!
It looks like you had a lot of fun. And yes, two. I find out May 14th the sexes.
Post a Comment