I'm so thrilled we were able to go to Galveston, earlier this month, for a long weekend. We had the BEST time! We all loved every minute of it! Julia was in hog-heaven with her net, catching various sea creatures. Lili loved fishing, and hanging out on the dock, playing with shells. Simon loved riding around in the golf cart! And, of course, Nate and I thoroughly enjoyed being together as a family! It was, seriously, a little slice of heaven.
Some of Julia's catches...shrimp, crab, and even a conch!

I love that Lili and Simon are such buddies. They had fun playing together (whether it was with the wheel barrow, on the hammock, on the jet ski, or just petting a local cat - they were livin' it up!)

A favorite activity for everyone...
taking rides on the golf cart.

These are just some of those fun, random shots I wanted to include. (I just HAD to put my "crazy hair" shot in...How does one achieve such a 'do, you ask? It involved a delicate mixture of a lot of wind and humidity, and voila!)
Hmmm, I'm just noticing the "cat" picture made it in this collage too (I'm probably not going to fix that. Call me lazy, but, I don't mind seeing it again that much, do you?)

Kayaking!
(Why, yes, we DID get sunburned kayaking.)
It was so fun to explore the bay area in the kayaks. Mike and I even got out and walked around a bit in one of the marshy areas. We found hermit crabs and an old oyster bed, and saw some very interesting sea birds.

Jet skiing!
(I love that Lili is wearing a much-too-big wet suit. It's almost as if she's wearing chaps...water-proof chaps.)
Nate had Julia in front of him, I had Lili in front of me, and we left Simon behind with Pam and Mike (don't worry, he had fun too - they took him on the golf cart).
We had so much fun! Lili loved doing "doughnuts" and Julia liked cutting through the waves. We even had a little race against each other. Dare I admit I briefly hit 60 mph?! Lili liked the speed. Julia? Not so much.

Just "hanging" at the house. I love all the sleeping pic's I took. You're never safe to fall asleep with me around (especially if it's on the couch...before any of the kids are asleep, or if you just look super cute)!

Galveston wouldn't be complete without visiting the beach! The ocean, lulling us with its sweet sounds, the gulls and pelicans flying overhead...who can resist?
Simon LOVED running in the water! The girls enjoyed that too, of course. But, I think it was hard to outdo the fabulous-ness that was their "mud pants."
See...I told you Simon liked running in the waves!
Ahhh, it makes me want to go back...right now. A super big thank you to Nate's Aunt Pam and Uncle Mike for having us, and showing us such a delightful time! We look forward to another visit...soon!

3 comments:
wow, that house looks like the bomb. :) love hammock pictures, too cute for words!!
You gotta love the water-logged diaper! What a great weekend! You guys are such great parents to actually take the kids out on the jet skis with you!
Those are so fun, you are totally cool parents
Post a Comment