Julia participated in our neighborhood summer league swim team again this summer. She did great and we're so proud of her! Her favorite stroke is breaststroke and it's her best too! Every week they would have a swim meet and she'd participate in the freestyle relay, freestyle, backstroke and breaststroke. She even "swam up" with the 7 & 8-year-olds sometimes in their relay when they needed her. It was always a big meet with all the summer league teams there. She got third place in breaststroke a couple of times and she was very happy about that...there are a lot of kids in those events!
She likes it and looks forward to swimming on the team again next summer. For now, we look forward to soccer!
Check her out...
Her last meet of the season. (Each time, she's in the lane where I'm standing nearby, in the bright blue shirt).
Freestyle:
Backstroke:
Breaststroke (she was in the last/fastest heat!):
Liliana can't wait to do it too! She's such a fish; I think she'll be doing it next summer!
I'm proud of my little swimmers. It just tickles me pink that they like to swim as much as I did as a kid (and as a teenager, and as a young adult, and as an adult, etc.). :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awesome Jules! You are going to be just like your mommy and daddy. I loved watching Jules head bob up and down in the breaststroke.
Post a Comment