In July, we were fortunate enough to get to travel to Utah to visit with Nate's family. We had such a wonderful time, of course!
We booked a morning flight, but not too early. The problem with that was that our original flight was canceled, and we got "bumped" to another flight (a much EARLIER flight). We had to get up at 4:00 that morning...yikes! But, it was an adventure! And, it included donuts at the airport. Mmmmm! ;)
We booked a morning flight, but not too early. The problem with that was that our original flight was canceled, and we got "bumped" to another flight (a much EARLIER flight). We had to get up at 4:00 that morning...yikes! But, it was an adventure! And, it included donuts at the airport. Mmmmm! ;)
We relaxed at Nate's parents for a while, hoping to get the kids to rest. They were too excited though. Then, we were off to see Nate's grandparents. What happened on the way there?
We had a wonderful visit with Grandma and Grandpa Tanner! We talked, sat outside and let the kids play while we talked some more and enjoyed their beautiful garden.

The kids had a great time playing.
An important part of visiting G'ma & G'pa Tanner, is getting to play in the "toy drawer." It's definitely a tradition that has been in place for years (they are great-grandparents, after all). Nate remembers playing in it when he was a kid!

See what I mean about beautiful garden? Check out that view you have, just sitting in their backyard!

We love you Grandma and Grandpa! Thank you for a lovely day!
You know, growing up, I never had a grandpa. Mine both passed away long before I was born. When I married Nate, his grandparents treated me as one of their own from day one (even before we were married actually). They are such sweet people and I'm so fortunate to have them in my life. I'm so glad to have another grandma (a sweet, wonderful grandma), and to finally know what it's like to have a grandpa...especially one like Grandpa Tanner. He's an incredible person!
1 comment:
i know, isn't utah landscaping gorgeous? i'm so happy you guys had fun, that picture of them all conked out is hilarious. glad you are home though now!
Post a Comment