Thursday, August 7, 2008

Backlog bloggin'

Way back in June there was this fantastic Sunday...

...known as
Father's Day

I made Nate breakfast in bed (a yummy baked blueberry pecan French toast with homemade blueberry syrup - recipe courtesy my gourmet friend Christine). It was delish!

Nate got to lie around in bed all morning and read/relax/nap. We got him some clothes and the girls really wanted to get him a tie. I know, I know, it seems cliche', but they really wanted to, so I let them pick one out...all by themselves. Turns out, it was a great tie. Nate loved it! Of course he also loved the cards the girls made him.

I know it doesn't seem right, but he grilled our steaks for that night (and the potatoes too). But, have I ever mentioned how much he loves to grill? It was a great day...fit for our deserving Nate, the super-dad.

6 comments:

Nathan said...

That was a GREAT day... can I have another, please?

Melanie said...

so fun! you make the best fruit salads. mine never look like yours. it's like a gift you have.

JM Inc. said...

Can I get that recipe, it does look delish!

ali said...

Wow! Don't let Dad read this...I'll have to start treating him better! Yikes! After all, what's so bad about a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich for breakfast???

Anonymous said...

Oh glad I am not the only one who had to play catch-up. Looks like some fun stuff for June. That fruit salad is making my mouth water.

Kelly said...

Your family is so cute. It is good to see you have a blog. I added it to my list.