Tuesday, January 27, 2009

On a more positive note...

I was thinking about my last post. I think it's a bit of a "Debbie downer." So, in light of that, I wanted to share some "positives" from last week...
1. Simon DID NOT break his nose when we fell!
2. With being sick, we spent a lot of time together as a family, at home. I ALWAYS love that!
3. Julia didn't get sick.
4. Everyone seems to be feeling a lot better today.
5. We're actually having winter weather today! Will it snow? It's so exciting!
6. I'm slowly, but surely getting laundry done.
7. We are healthy. Yes, we get sick, but who doesn't? What I mean is, we have our health. I'm so thankful for that all the time. Nothing like getting sick to remind you of what a true blessing it is.
8. I decided to make an outing yesterday to run a few errands. Because I did, I returned some clothes the kids got for Christmas and got in on a big sale at Gymboree. We're talking, jeans, shirts, sweaters...all for $4.99 a piece!
9. I know I'm loved. By family, friends, etc. Thank you for your concern!
10. I might get a new Crock Pot out if this (maybe one of those big ones with a more specific temperature control). That is, if I can't get a replacement lid ASAP! :)

Those are just a few things! I have so much to be thankful for! Whenever I get down, I think the best "medicine" for me, is to think of my many blessings. Then, those "other things" don't seem so bad after all.

2 comments:

texaswilliams said...

Amen Sister!! You are the best!

It Just Fitz said...

You're one of the most optomistic, happy people I know. I think I might just start calling you "Smiles!"