Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I can hardly believe it!

My first-born child...my darling daughter...my Julia is...
...seven years old!

On October 23rd, Julia celebrated her seventh birthday!

You like the shirt she's wearing? We (Julia, Grandma, and I) all made it together the night before. [Which means we got to bed a little later than usual]. She absolutely loved everything about it (the color, the letters, the butterfly)! It was perfect and made her feel special. Thank you Hobby Lobby!

On the night before the "big day," we also made her some very special cupcakes to take to school.

She was very excited to have ice cream cone cupcakes!

Grandma, Liliana, Simon and I took the cupcakes to her classroom. Julia loved getting to pass them out to her friends. They dimmed the lights, put a candle in her cake, and we all sang "Happy Birthday" to her. Then, the kids danced to "Cotton Eyed Joe" (remember that one?) and other songs while Julia enjoyed cleaning tables and turning the music off for the "freeze game." Don't worry, I think she just enjoyed helping out and doing teacher-like things. She did end up dancing too!

Julia was lucky enough, not only to have Grandma Wright in town on her birthday, but also, to have her day fall on a half day of school! So, we picked her up from school and went straight to her adventure of choice...
The Dallas Museum of Art to see the King Tutankhamen exhibit.

{We couldn't take pictures of anything, but here we are right outside.}

We watched a 3-D film about mummies and Egypt after going through the museum. It was very interesting, but not your typical 3-D experience. I kept waiting for something to jump out at me. No such luck. Well, maybe one, little thing. Sorry if I ruined it for you.

{Yay! I could take pictures again! Phew! That was hard for me!}

After our King Tut afternoon, we came home and I let Julia open one of her presents (a whole boxed set about Ancient Egypt). She LOVED it! Then, Daddy came home and we all went out to eat at her favorite restaurant, Macaroni Grill.

She went out on a limb and ordered something different...
plain shell pasta with butter, salt, and Parmesan cheese. (She usually gets bow tie.)
They brought her dessert and we all sang to her. She enjoyed that.

We all had fun taking pictures together. Especially Liliana. She's such a ham bone. Where does she get that?

After our good times at the Macaroni Grill, we headed back home and Julia got to open the rest of her presents.
She was thrilled by everything. She was WAY excited about her rock tumbler and cheetah pillow.

I thought it was a magical day. I think Julia did too, and that's what it was really all about. Happy 7th birthday, my love!

9 comments:

Sadie said...

wow... I cannot believe that it has been seven years! It seems like just yesterday! Happy Birthday to you Julia! It sounds like you had a fun day!

Maxmomma said...

Seven years?!!! I still remember meeting you for the first time at a family dinner at Grandma's house. That was like last year, right?

Absolutely crazy!

Happy Birthday Julia! You are one beautiful girl!

SO fun to read your blog, Lauren. I have to come back often. It does make me miss you sorely though!

Love "y'all"!

Kelly said...

It is shocking that we could be the parents of 7 year-olds, huh? Mine turn 7 in January. {sniff, sniff}

Morgan and Joel said...

A few thoughts: I absolutely LOVE cone cupcakes....Lili sure is a cutie in the pictures...I remember when wearing a birthday shirt made you feel extra special...you look GORGEOUS...I sure love you guys - when are we going to see you again?

valgae said...

awww....what a cute shirt!! ok then, ed is 2 years younger than i am, so i'd say ethan is in!!;) even though he has already been kissed by a cute chick in his class i think his crush still holds strong for Julia!!!!

Emily S. said...

love the cupcakes, love that she loves helping the teacher, and loved the Macaroni Grill memories (i worked there for 7 years!)

Ritch in Love said...

Lauren! Found your blog through Sadie. I had to say hi (again, since I just found you on Facebook) and tell you that your family is super cute! I hope you love Dallas! My stepkids live 2 hours east in a small town called Lindale. My husband grew up in Grapevine. He loves it there...but I have to confess I'm very opposed to leaving the mountains!
Happy Birthday to your little one! Weren't you pregnant with her at Starwood?

Melanie said...

she's lucky to have parents to make her day so fun and cool! happy bday julia, you rock!

Mary Victoria said...

Happy Birthday lovely Julia! Great post Lauren!