Two weeks ago, the Red Hots (my soccer team) had a fantastic game. We played well, we had fun, we even won 4-2! That's probably why it was so much fun! :) Anyway, the only downer from that game was that I suffered a bit of an injury.
A member of the other team and I went for the ball at the same time. Right when my foot connected with the ball, her foot accidentally connected with mine. I got a hard kick on the inside of my right foot. It hurt, but I kept playing. I kept thinking, "Hmm, that's weird. My foot hurts when I step a certain way." I went out for a bit, but then went back in. I had an ankle brace on from when I rolled it a couple weeks before. I think that helped a bit. It seemed to hurt worse as the night wore on.
I got home from my game, limping a bit. I took my socks, shin guards, and cleats off and noticed it was swollen and bruising. I usually have a pretty high pain tolerance, but it was hurting! I iced it, took some Ibuprofen before going to bed, but when I woke up the next morning and it was still hurting, I made an appointment to see my doctor friend, totally expecting just to "rule out" the possibility of anything worse than a bruise. Turns out... I actually fractured it!
A member of the other team and I went for the ball at the same time. Right when my foot connected with the ball, her foot accidentally connected with mine. I got a hard kick on the inside of my right foot. It hurt, but I kept playing. I kept thinking, "Hmm, that's weird. My foot hurts when I step a certain way." I went out for a bit, but then went back in. I had an ankle brace on from when I rolled it a couple weeks before. I think that helped a bit. It seemed to hurt worse as the night wore on.
I got home from my game, limping a bit. I took my socks, shin guards, and cleats off and noticed it was swollen and bruising. I usually have a pretty high pain tolerance, but it was hurting! I iced it, took some Ibuprofen before going to bed, but when I woke up the next morning and it was still hurting, I made an appointment to see my doctor friend, totally expecting just to "rule out" the possibility of anything worse than a bruise. Turns out... I actually fractured it!
(my navicular bone)

For your referencing pleasure...

And now, I get to wear a very fashionable "boot."

I'm in the "boot" for at least three weeks. I'll be going back in for another x-ray at that point. But, it may take six weeks to heal. I don't really know how long I'll get to be so stylish. Needless to say, I'm out for the rest of the soccer season. Rats!
Funny side note that's relative...
Nate found this card on the floor, just days after my little "incident." He thought the kids had gotten it out for me. But, no, it was just lying there, randomly...mockingly.
I'm hoping to get $200 when I get my boot off for good. But, I guess it depends on if I buzz or not during the process. Who gets to be the banker?

For your referencing pleasure...

And now, I get to wear a very fashionable "boot."
I'm in the "boot" for at least three weeks. I'll be going back in for another x-ray at that point. But, it may take six weeks to heal. I don't really know how long I'll get to be so stylish. Needless to say, I'm out for the rest of the soccer season. Rats!
Funny side note that's relative...
Nate found this card on the floor, just days after my little "incident." He thought the kids had gotten it out for me. But, no, it was just lying there, randomly...mockingly.
9 comments:
OUCH! I'm sure you could have just worn the boot to make a fashion statement, Lo. You didn't have to go around and kick random people to get one. Too funny about the card.
Dang, that sucks. But at least you won the game.
That really stinks! You'll probably start a trend in Texas- and girls will start running to their doctor for their own boot!
oh the lovely boot... I have been the victim of this fashion tragedy 2 times, not fun... maybe that is how we should make our millions... you would think that someone could design a better looking boot... especially for how much they charge for them. good luck and happy healing. miss you!
well, you look lovely in your fashionable bootwear! so sorry it hurt so much and stiffled your soccer career. that card is funny!
Where is our b-dazzler? We need to make that boot fancy! :)
I'm sorry you're out for the rest of the season. Ouch. Get better soon.
Wrenched ankle? Maybe wretched ankle is more appropriate.
Yikes! I am so sorry to hear that! You look marvelous, by the way! We were looking at the photos on the family site and you inspire me to get in shape!
So, I am dying over here with how beautiful your family is!!!! Julia, Lil', Simon- my goodness, they are gorgeous!!!! Lucky kids to get you for their mom. Makes me miss you all horribly. You want to come to CA soon???? We'd love to have you!
Post a Comment