Tuesday, October 28, 2008

"Columbius Day"

Oh wait, wait, that's "Columbus Day." We know, we know. Julia must have liked the sound of "Columbius Day" better though. She was saying that the whole day. I loved it.

What's a family to do on a day off? Well, Nate didn't have the day off, so he worked. The kids and I enjoyed just being together.

Julia's idea of fun on a day off from school?

Making a diorama, of course!

{A Halloween diorama...complete with Jack-O-Lanterns, a ghost, and the "usual" eyeballs}

Liliana had fun making playdoh flowers.

Simon really enjoyed the watermelon we had (he liked stacking it up, unstacking it, then taking bites out of each one before putting them back on the cutting board).

And, to answer your questioning look...
Yes, watermelons are very good for Columbus Day...in Texas.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

your kids are so creative, i love it!

Britt Wright said...

What great fun! I love your creativity as a mom, that's where Jules gets it from! Love the watermelon, and flowers and jack-o-lantern, ghost and eyeball display.