My "baby" girl is 4!
I'm having a hard time believing that!
On that October day, in 2004, I remember...
I'm having a hard time believing that!
On that October day, in 2004, I remember...
-waking at 4am with contractions and thinking, "Is this really "it" this time?"
-I woke Nate up and told him I didn't think he'd be going to work that morning.
-I ate something, took a shower, woke my Mom (who was there visiting), so Nate and I could go on a walk (Julia was still sleeping).
-I got "serious" very quickly. Nate called his Mom (who stayed with Julia so Nate, my Mom and I could go to the hospital). I had a hard time pulling myself away from leaning over the love seat (while Nate rubbed my back through my contractions) long enough to go get in the car to get to the hospital.
-I was in transition in the car, on the way to the hospital.
-I got to my room, changed into the gown and was ready to push!
-After checking me, the nurse called another nurse in to check me too (I don't think she believed I was already a 10)!
-I had to "wait" for my doctor.
-I was holding my new baby girl within 45 minutes of arriving at the hospital.
-I was shocked when they said she weighed 9 lbs 12 oz!
-She was also tall (22 inches).
-I could see her little "swirl" right at her hairline from the first moment. She didn't have much hair, but the fuzz was so blond! That swirl is a cowlick now! :)
-Grandma Wright and Julia came to the hospital right away. I was so overcome with emotion when I saw my "baby" holding my baby...her little sister. Julia was so excited when Liliana was "holding [her] finger so tight!"
-It was a perfect birth experience. It's so fitting to our sweet Liliana...the peace maker.
-I woke Nate up and told him I didn't think he'd be going to work that morning.
-I ate something, took a shower, woke my Mom (who was there visiting), so Nate and I could go on a walk (Julia was still sleeping).
-I got "serious" very quickly. Nate called his Mom (who stayed with Julia so Nate, my Mom and I could go to the hospital). I had a hard time pulling myself away from leaning over the love seat (while Nate rubbed my back through my contractions) long enough to go get in the car to get to the hospital.
-I was in transition in the car, on the way to the hospital.
-I got to my room, changed into the gown and was ready to push!
-After checking me, the nurse called another nurse in to check me too (I don't think she believed I was already a 10)!
-I had to "wait" for my doctor.
-I was holding my new baby girl within 45 minutes of arriving at the hospital.
-I was shocked when they said she weighed 9 lbs 12 oz!
-She was also tall (22 inches).
-I could see her little "swirl" right at her hairline from the first moment. She didn't have much hair, but the fuzz was so blond! That swirl is a cowlick now! :)
-Grandma Wright and Julia came to the hospital right away. I was so overcome with emotion when I saw my "baby" holding my baby...her little sister. Julia was so excited when Liliana was "holding [her] finger so tight!"
-It was a perfect birth experience. It's so fitting to our sweet Liliana...the peace maker.




13 comments:
Happy, Happy Birthday Liliana!! Those pictures are absolutely adorable to match the little girls in them!
she is so cute. i still remember when she cut her hair, or was it julia that cut her hair. good times. happy #4!
Happy birthday Lils! I can't believe you are 4!!! I love the pics and the flashback of her first day here on earth. Love ya!
How adorable. Isn't it fun to see how they progress? They grow so fast. It is fun to see but so sad all at the same time.
I had forgotten how cute she was from the get-go. Happy B-Day, my lil lili.
What a great day to be born! I love the memories and the pictures.
Oh Lauren! Your girls are SOOOO dang cute! Julia is so big, and Lilian has the cutest curls!
Happy Birthday Lilian!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE those B and W pics...sooo adorable!
Oh so sweet. Look at how young Julia looks in that pic with her baby sis. Oh she is a fun girl and I love all the great shots of her. :)
Happy Birthday LILIANA... what a doll she is! I can't believe how time flies, especially once you have kids. Love ya and miss ya.
Lauren...what a beautiful tribute to your darling daugher! I also remember that day. Julia and I were looking at piano music when you called to say that Lili had arrived! It was so quick! Julia could not wait to get to the hospital to meet Lili and give you and Nate a hug. Life is good! Happy Birthday little Goose!
I see some Simon in the baby girl! :)
WE LOVE "our" LILI!!!!! :)Happy Birthday!
happy birthday adoreable one! i LOVE that picture of her in that sleeper with the ducks i think it is. i see so much of you in her. looks and personality! she's a treasure:)
Post a Comment