Friday, October 3, 2008

Update on Simon

Yes...already! I know I just had a long post on Simon, but he is that age where things happen to change rather quickly!

He has been talking a lot lately! He'll copy what we say, and test out a variety of words he hears. It's just darling! He's been doing that so much in the last several days, that I just had to share...

Today he said, "apple" clear as a bell.
He also tried his hand at saying "belly button" - so cute!
(he definitely had the right amount of syllables anyway!)
Just the other day, he said, "I go down"
when I was holding him and he wanted me to put him down.
He says something that sounds a lot like "outside" when he wants to go out.
He also says, "booh" for book and "bah" for ball. Yes, they are different and you can tell.

Last night, Nate and I had a good laugh because I said, in a whisper, "Dag nabbit." I don't even remember why...maybe I dropped something? Anyway, that's not the point. Simon, who was lying next to me on the couch, then said (also in a whisper), "da nabbeh." It was so funny! I still chuckle when I think about it. Nate said, if it had been him, I probably would have gotten on to him. I'm sure I would've thought it was still funny! I guess it would depend on what it was he repeated!


What is my favorite? I love hearing anything he has to say, but who wouldn't love to hear their child say
"luh you"?
(it just melts me...like "buttah")

8 comments:

Melanie said...

awww, lo, how sweet! love that picture!

Sands...Like Sands on the Beach said...

that picture is killin' me! I love it! Remind me to ask Simon to tell me all his 'new' words he's learned from his mom!!

Xela said...

Lo, what a precious picture! Love that little Simon!

Emily S. said...

(p.s. you're welcome on the blog-a-versary post!! I've been behind on my reading and commenting...)

And check out that beautiful boy's lashes!! What a sweet post and photo!

Morgan and Joel said...

His new word cracks me up. To think that we've been teaching Jack such trivial, insignificant words like 'please' and 'thank you'. :)

Britt Wright said...

What a cute picture! And I agree, his age is where so many new things are coming about. I love his eye lashes!

ali said...

They only had 4 letter words when I was raising my children...

ali said...

They only had 4 letter words when I was raising my children...