We had a lot of fun last month. It sure flew by quickly! I'm attempting a mass catch-up (again) with this post. Ready or not, here I go...
We got to experience winter at least twice last month. Though we had some 80-degree days a couple of times, we also had freezing rain and ice on more than one occasion. Enough so on one day to warrant an "ice day" pass from school! Nate still went in to work, but got to delay a little. When it was time for him to go, he had to first scrape all the ice from his car windows. Which was a bit challenging considering we, apparently, no longer have an ice scraper. Nate improvised...with a spatula.

Liliana used some of her Christmas money to buy "Shrinky Dinks." She was delighted with the whole process! Boy, it sure brought back memories! She especially enjoyed the one-on-one time with Daddy!
She was so sweet, she even shared and let Julia do some too -um, I guess I didn't get pictures of that!

Julia volunteered to bring popcorn (cooked on the stove-top) to school for their publishers' party. (She discovered she really liked it made that way in SC over Christmas).

Liliana loves to help in the kitchen! Recently, she really had a hankering for chocolate chip muffins (from scratch)! She didn't want to make it from a mix. Yes, I bought one thinking that it would be quick and easy. She wouldn't have it! So, I told her it was our back-up plan, in case we didn't have all the ingredients. It turned out that we did. We had such fun making them together. She was so sweet to make sure Simon helped too!
Everyone sure enjoyed eating them! They were YUMMY!

We got to go to a little Superbowl party at our friends' house. The kids had fun playing together, and the adults enjoyed talking and watching the game. I must admit, I did more talking than watching. Oh, and eating, of course!

Other, random moments in January included...
bath time fun
Simon LOVIN' his cars
Lili built an obstacle course
Simon & Lili played in her hamper
Simon now enjoys sitting (not more than that yet - except "reading") on the potty
Julia made a reading fort
Nate & Julia enjoyed the "sunny spot"
Lili & Simon had a blast at "Jump for Fun"
bath time fun
Simon LOVIN' his cars
Lili built an obstacle course
Simon & Lili played in her hamper
Simon now enjoys sitting (not more than that yet - except "reading") on the potty
Julia made a reading fort
Nate & Julia enjoyed the "sunny spot"
Lili & Simon had a blast at "Jump for Fun"

Just for fun...
Howie discovers just how sticky peanut butter can be.
Lili tells us about it (after sharing her love for "Funky Monkey")...

3 comments:
Wow it is fun to read these! I can't believe how old they all are! Lilliana and her chocolate muffins from scratch! Too cute. How is Simon's nose coming along? You are one great momma!
Great update Lo! Love those bath pictures and Simon on the potty!! ha!! Jackson was in here when i was reading it all and he goes, "who is that under all those bubbles??" Looks like a fun month!!
Hey Lauren,
I absolutely love your blog. I am going to add you to my list so I can pop over more often to take a peak! Your kids are precious and have such cute little personalities. Your list of their kiddism's are so sweet! Anyway, so fun to catch up with you after such a long time. I hope you are all well. Check out my blog. www.richardandkaty.blogspot.com
Take Care!
Post a Comment