We had fun this year for Valentine's Day! Lots of fun, celebration, and, appropriately...LOVE.
My friend Beth, who only has boys, had a little get together the night before the school Valentine's parties for several of her friends' daughters, to do super cute hairdos for the big day. There were yummy treats, a fun "girl" movie, and lots of darling hairstyles to choose from. Inspired by the choices, I jumped right in and tried my hand doing Lili's hair. I think it turned out so adorable! Julia didn't want to have her hair done. She put it plainly when she said, "I'm not that kind of girl."
Beth thought of everything! The girls even got shower caps to sleep in, so their hair wouldn't mess up!
Thank you Beth! It was so much fun! What a great idea!
My friend Beth, who only has boys, had a little get together the night before the school Valentine's parties for several of her friends' daughters, to do super cute hairdos for the big day. There were yummy treats, a fun "girl" movie, and lots of darling hairstyles to choose from. Inspired by the choices, I jumped right in and tried my hand doing Lili's hair. I think it turned out so adorable! Julia didn't want to have her hair done. She put it plainly when she said, "I'm not that kind of girl."
Beth thought of everything! The girls even got shower caps to sleep in, so their hair wouldn't mess up!
Thank you Beth! It was so much fun! What a great idea!

Julia loved making a Valentine's box to take to school. Her favorite part? Going to Hobby Lobby to pick a few pretty things to go on it. I think it's her favorite store! Can you blame her?
I enjoyed getting to go to her school party! They had treats, made a craft, and enjoyed the valentine cards/goodies they had exchanged. Julia picked out a little crystal bear holding a heart, complete with a poem for her teacher. She thought it was the perfect thing. Of course, her teacher loved it.
The girls made special Valentine's for me. Have I ever told you how much I love handmade Valentine's? I think they're the BEST! I think anything handmade is very special. Especially when made by my children. Nate is the super-star dad who led the event. {Thanks babe!}
Lili made me a coupon book. So cute! Nate said she came up with all of them herself. I loved it!
Julia made me some flowers (complete with a vase). I love her attention to detail. Notice how the flowers even have stamen? I loved it too!
Our Valentine's gift to our children was a day of making and decorating sugar cookies. We had so much fun! They turned out so cute! And yummy.
I think these were my favorite ones.
Our little family...as sugar cookies.
Our little family...as sugar cookies.
Nate and I had such a delightful date on Friday night. We got a babysitter for the kids and went out to eat at a really nice restaurant (Kirby's Steakhouse). We enjoyed a delectable four-course meal, a romantic ambiance, great music, and wonderful conversation. Thank you for being my Valentine Natey! I love you!
I also want to let all of YOU know that I'm so glad you're a part of my life. Whether you're family, or friends, I hope you know that I love you!
Thanks for keeping up with us!
2 comments:
Man, when you guys do valentines, you DO VALENTINES! I loved this whole post, especially the personalized sugar cookies!
That 'HAIR' night was so much fun, I'm ready to do it again!! :)
those are the CUTEST projects! the cookies are amazing, and the pretty little boxes? PERFECT!
Post a Comment