Saturday, December 1, 2007

The BIG project (over Thanksgiving weekend)

Yep, we decided to paint Julia's room! We wanted to switch the rest of the furniture from our guest bedroom to her room (having already put some in Liliana's room). It's the furniture I had as a girl. We're planning to move Simon into that room (as soon as we can paint it). She wasn't so sure about giving up the bunk bed at first, but she then got very excited about the process when she knew we'd be painting! She wanted her room to be green. She and Nate picked a nice, light green color.

The "before" picture (complete with mess).
It was actually already in progress, as Nate had already started taking down the top bunk...

More "before" painting pictures...(the once yellow room)
The girls were helpers...Julia gave Liliana lessons...
& they actually got to paint! Way to help girls!

It was a family project.
Her bathroom area was painted a slightly darker shade. Eventually, I took the girls to do something else (go play a game) & Nate got to work "cutting in." Then, I came back to roll.
We got it finished in one day, complete with moving the furniture in. We still need to get new bedding and all that, but I think it looks great! Julia LOVES her new room!

I'll have to post more pictures once we get the bedding (and Lili's room too).
I'm so glad they love their rooms!

4 comments:

Emily S. said...

SO COOL! How fun that the girls got to be a part of it... that's a memory that'll always stick with them...

Anonymous said...

They look like they had a blast helping out. SO much fun and the room looks great! :)

Nathan said...

That was a blast. I am glad you posted this. Now everyone knows I got mad skillz with cutting in.

Mary Victoria said...

The girls in bandanas! Such cute little helpers. Julia, your new room is awesome...I look forward to pics of your new bedding!