Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Fall Fun

I think the reward for surviving the blazing HOT Texas summers is getting to enjoy the mild Texas falls and winters! We really love playing outside! The other day, Lili, Simon and I went on a walk/bike ride over to a neighborhood park while Julia was at school. We had the best time! The kids loved swinging and climbing. They climbed up so high at one point that it actually made me rather nervous!


My favorite moment while we were there was when
Lili helped Simon climb into the upper tree house.
So sweet!
{Notice her tape measure? No? It's attached to her hip. She bought that with some of her birthday money and adores it. So, of course she brought it along. It came in handy when she wanted to measure things.}
On our way home, we stopped and picked up acorns and beautiful Fall leaves. When we got home, we came up with some fun things to do with them.

That evening, the kids had the best time jumping in the pile of raked leaves.
I remember those days!

Nate found and HAD to buy a chocolate orange at the store the other day. We all enjoyed it together while having a movie night! Ah, the delights of this time of year!

The girls had their last games of the Fall season. Not that they keep score at their ages, but if they did, you might be interested to know...THEY WON (which was in keeping with most of their games this season)!
Julia's favorite position is the "sweeper." (The one who hangs back at half-field and helps as a defender). She's quite good at it too!
Lili also had a great season! We're proud of our soccer girls!

Just this last week, Liliana had a "Thanksgiving Feast" at her preschool. Simon and I stopped by and got to take pictures and spend a little time with her there. Her class made chicken noodle soup and cookies. They enjoyed that along with the other treats (cornbread, applesauce, little cheese or jelly sandwiches, & chocolate pudding). I was proud that Lili tried the soup! Even if she didn't like it...she TRIED it! The first picture in the collage shows the look on her face at that exact moment. Too funny!

I wasn't able to make it to Julia's Thanksgiving party at school, but she said it went well. I talked to one of the other parents who said the kids made their plates (consisting of popcorn, pretzels, cereals, and other treats), sat down, and ate...that was it. So, although I still would've liked to have been there with Julia, I think it'll be okay this one time.


I'm excited for this time of year. The leaves changing, the cooler weather, and the holidays. I can't believe we celebrate Thanksgiving this week! I have so much to be grateful for! My family, my home, my friends...I am truly blessed. Thank you for being part of my life!

1 comment:

rachel Saunders said...

Lauren, I love this weather too! Isn't it perfect? Your blog is inspirational. In fact, I love the quotes from your kids so much! I never would have thought of that. See you at "the jumping place" soon:)