Julia was baptized today. Can you believe it? I'm having a hard time believing it myself. It was so special to have her Grandpa & Grandma Wright and Uncle Thabo, Papa and Grandma Leeth and Aunt Kara, as well as her Aunt Pam here to be a part of such a memorable day. We are so thankful that they were all able to come and took time out of their busy lives to be here for Julia. It is such a delight to be surrounded by family! We've been enjoying them thoroughly.
Once we were there, and the program started, they introduced each child and told a little about them. There were eight children to be baptized today in our Stake. (Actually there were probably twice as many because we were the second group for that day). We prepared a musical number for the program. Julia played "When I am Baptized" on the piano and Liliana, my Mom, sister and I had prepared to sing "Baptism." Julia played her song first and did such a beautiful job! She didn't make one mistake! Then, my friend Beth played for us on the piano while Lili sang the first verse all by herself. Awww! It was so pure and sweet! She did such a great job! I'm so proud of her for doing that! Then, Beth played through another time while my Mom and sister sang the third verse. I was supposed to sing, but...did I mention that I don't have a voice? I've been sick since Thursday and my voice just kind of went away. It figures, doesn't it? I felt bad about that. Of course, Mom and Kara did beautifully.
We were then able to go watch Julia's baptism. Nate baptized her and my Dad and Nate's Dad were the witnesses (they make sure the one being baptized goes all the way under the water). I met her in the bathroom and we got her changed into her beautiful white dress, with her white flower hair "bow" to complete the outfit.
Once we were in the Relief Society room, we sang an opening song, heard a few words from our bishopric, then Julia was confirmed, by her Daddy, as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Then, the primary president welcomed Julia (and her friend Cassidy who was also baptized today) into the primary "officially." Then, any grandparents were invited to share a few words for their granddaughters. My Mom spoke up and shared with Julia how proud she is of her and how much she loved her. Ali also spoke of how proud she is of Julia and how neat it is, as a Grandma, to watch her son, as a father, baptize his own child. Bob also took a moment to speak and mentioned that he knew, although they couldn't be here, he'd be remiss not to mention Grandma and Grandpa Tanner and their love for Julia. He talked about how Grandpa had made sure to send a gift to Julia...pears and apples from his special orchard. He then compared that to Heavenly Father's love being just like that, and that He had given Julia the gift of the Holy Ghost. They were beautiful words and testimonies shared with us all. Julia had picked the closing song, "Love is Spoken Here" and she and I helped (our friend Angi) lead it (while Beth played on the piano). There weren't many dry eyes, that's for sure! It was so touching!
We took pictures afterward (which Julia really would have rather not been a part of - that turkey!), then went to lunch at Julia's favorite restaurant - Macaroni Grill, with all the family. It has been such a special day for my special girl and I am just so very proud of her.
{Questions about our faith? Click here.}
5 comments:
Wonderful Day
Congratulations Julia!!
You look beautiful
Miss Megan was down sick again - we were so bummed!! Looks like you had a beautiful day. Sorry we missed it, but you were in our thoughts all day!
Thanks for documenting this wonderful day! We wish we could have been there for Jules. We are so proud of her!
How fun! I wish I had documented Ashton's better. I love Julia's dress. It's beautiful!
What a beautiful day! So glad you got to have so many loved ones there for Julia's baptism! The Gospel is such a blessing isn't it? I am so thankful for it every day!!
Post a Comment